S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comptech SC Questions

Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Comptech SC Questions

Hey guys I just purchased a second hand Comptech SC kit. It's pretty much complete minus a few items. The kit came with a brand new AP2 pulley and belt, along with a new heat exchanger and water pump. The blower has also been rebuilt so much of the kit is brand new.
This is my first time boosting any car and obviously I'm trying to be as careful and meticulous as possible before I install. I did as much research as I could before the purchase, but am still learning as I go so please excuse my questions if they seem really obvious.

1. If I'm running base boost at 6 PSI is a high flow fuel pump necessary? I know the kit originally came with one but this is the only piece I am missing at the moment. Even if its not necessary is it worth upgrading anyways in case I want to up the boost in the future?

2. Is running OEM spark plugs ok at 6 PSI? I beleive CT Engineering gives spark plugs as part of the kit now but did not in the past.

3. Lastly, how reliable is the kit if running the Comptech EMS and FPR for a while? Will hopefully get a standalone in the future but need to save for that.

If you guys have any tips or advice on things I should look into please let me know. I rather wait a month before I install the kit and make sure everything is ready to perform. Thanks guys

Here is a pic of the kit
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to FI too. Bought a car with the Novi 1000. Anyway, I wouldn't cut any corners on what the kit was designed with. Fuel pumps and spark plugs aren't too big a deal. I didn't see a fuel regulator in your pic?

Anyway another member sent me this link to the install instructions in case you don't have them: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...ttach_id=17082

I am still looking for a detailed parts list for the kit. Please post if you get your hands on it.

Good luck with the install.

BTW - I have been looking for a used standalone. I found them for $800 on the low end with stuff missing to $1000 or more used but complete. I found a bought a brand new AEM Series 2 for $1299 - no tax, free shipping. Not sure of the rules on posting this kind of stuff but send me a pm if interested in the vender.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Thanks, youre right there is no fpr. Already bought one though. Its should be here next week. I also decide to buy a Walbro 255 today. They are cheap enough anyways so might as just do it

I do have the install instructions but not a parts list. My instructions are different though. I think it because my kit is aftercooled. Have you tried emailing CT Engineering for a parts list? I was hoping for a parts list too cuz I'm sure I'm missing some hoses. Even though I'm sure I can pick up some hoses from my local auto parts store.

I dont want to run a stand alone yet but maybe in the future. 1299 is pretty good brand new. I would jump on that if you could. Just expect another 500+ just to tune it properly.
Thanks for the response.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 PM

Yep, I emailed CT looking for install instructions and parts list early last week with no response. For me, no service = no money. I am working on upgrading what I have - pulley, injectors, etc. Plenty of great dealers out there willing to support.

I bought a used aftercooler. Hopefully it will be here soon, like install it this weekend.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM

Let me know how manageable the install is. From what I have read, if you're by yourself it might take 20+ hours. I might have a shop install mine. Evasive, Ballade, and Tony Fuchs are all within an hour for me and could easily install this. There are certain parts of the install I don't feel extremely comfortable with
Old 07-25-2013, 08:18 PM

I remember seeing this kit didn't come with an airbox lid (I was seriously considering grabbing this kit when it was for sale, but was a bit out of my budget right now..). If it's the same carbon lid as comptech's normal icebox, I have an extra one. If you were interested, PM me.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 PM

PMed you. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my kit in a weekend taking my time. The hardest part was getting my crank pulley off. Everything else was straight forward and pretty easy. I would recommend doing a stronger clutch be for the install if u have a older clutch or plan to run more than stock boost. Since you have to remove the blower to change the clutch out. Good luck guys and enjoy the boost it addicting!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by boony1968
Yep, I emailed CT looking for install instructions and parts list early last week with no response. For me, no service = no money. I am working on upgrading what I have - pulley, injectors, etc. Plenty of great dealers out there willing to support.

I bought a used aftercooler. Hopefully it will be here soon, like install it this weekend.
I have the instructions for the blower and AC install. PM me an email address if you need them.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by boony1968

I think they're just slow to respond. I emailed them about getting a CARB sticker for my icebox, and they eventually responded but it took them 4 days..

Quick Reply: Comptech SC Questions