S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cold Air Intake for SOS kit

Old 07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
@Rain H8R, thanks for catching that. I was thinking, isn't 14 AFR really high? I should be concerned about that, shouldn't I? I'm guessing there's some tweaking left to do now that VTEC has been moved lower.

@Tuner Eddy, I'm in the north Atlanta suburbs. PM me if you're close and we can meet somewhere. Are you going to the Varsity meet? I think it's this weekend.

I'm planning to keep the E-manage unless something goes wrong with it... More curious about whether to move my battery back into the stock location. Kinda wondering if having it in the trunk could reduce power.

Reduce power? I dont think it matters unless theres a turbo that is in the way.

For the CAI scenario, id like to think you got more timing from the cooler air and the ecu re adjustment.

Kpro is pretty much a standalone as well but more advanced in the aspect it retains all the R&D honda put into their computers with the expanded aspect of adjustable programming. The only thing keeping Kpro from being the absolute supreme ruler in the standalone world is their laziness and reluctance to integrate wideband feedback.

Kpro is more expensie, but I didnt mind shelling out the extra with knowing id retain OBD2 functions and pass emissions.

haha my friends love my addiction to boost because i practically give away all my old stuff, im very comfortable and dont need to recoop every little penny of retail.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed' timestamp='1311018182' post='20791155
@Rain H8R, thanks for catching that. I was thinking, isn't 14 AFR really high? I should be concerned about that, shouldn't I? I'm guessing there's some tweaking left to do now that VTEC has been moved lower.

@Tuner Eddy, I'm in the north Atlanta suburbs. PM me if you're close and we can meet somewhere. Are you going to the Varsity meet? I think it's this weekend.

I'm planning to keep the E-manage unless something goes wrong with it... More curious about whether to move my battery back into the stock location. Kinda wondering if having it in the trunk could reduce power.

For the CAI scenario, id like to think you got more timing from the cooler air and the ecu re adjustment.

Kpro is pretty much a standalone as well but more advanced in the aspect it retains all the R&D honda put into their computers with the expanded aspect of adjustable programming. The only thing keeping Kpro from being the absolute supreme ruler in the standalone world is their laziness and reluctance to integrate wideband feedback.

Kpro is more expensie, but I didnt mind shelling out the extra with knowing id retain OBD2 functions and pass emissions.

haha my friends love my addiction to boost because i practically give away all my old stuff, im very comfortable and dont need to recoop every little penny of retail.

whatchatalkinboutwillis? you telling me kpro doesnt allow wideband o2 feedback? its not the end of teh world, but damn, that is kinda retarded. normal cars use the 02 sensor to tweak part throttle driving, and having that sensor as a wideband makes that way better.

color me surprised.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1311096575' post='20793994
[quote name='Torque Obsessed' timestamp='1311018182' post='20791155']

whatchatalkinboutwillis? you telling me kpro doesnt allow wideband o2 feedback? its not the end of teh world, but damn, that is kinda retarded. normal cars use the 02 sensor to tweak part throttle driving, and having that sensor as a wideband makes that way better.

color me surprised.
[/quote]

Ya I agree, it has the option in there from honda, but hondata decided to cock block it and they are total doushe bags about it. Afew members have been able to re wire it in there but its a hit or miss on frying the board as hondata cheaps out and uses a bridge that cant handle a 5v signal
Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
I'm no expert but isn't Flashpro better than the Kpro?
Its not a quick answer.

00-05 Kpro over AEM EMS
06-09 Flashpro keeps cruise, K-pro does not. I do not know much about it for BW cars, so thats all I can say. But Id say for how cheap flashpro is, id do it....
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by camuman' timestamp='1311098210' post='20794089
[quote name='Kyushin' timestamp='1311096575' post='20793994']

color me surprised.
[/quote]

Ya I agree, it has the option in there from honda, but hondata decided to cock block it and they are total doushe bags about it. Afew members have been able to re wire it in there but its a hit or miss on frying the board as hondata cheaps out and uses a bridge that cant handle a 5v signal
[/quote]

I had an in detail discussion with my tuner about that whole idea of running an RSX wide band. I really shouldnt even say anything because I know what Im about to type could potentially be off a little bit. But the end story is that nobody has a wide band o2 doing correction on WOT, nobody, if you do your retarded. Again that could be wrong. But in the end, most cars run narrow bands, not widebands and it works. Its cheaper. And for the cost of the wideband I bought a nice gauge setup that works great, just liek Hondata recommends.

But I do agree, they act like there farts dont stint.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1311110772' post='20794844
[quote name='camuman' timestamp='1311098210' post='20794089']

color me surprised.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I had an in detail discussion with my tuner about that whole idea of running an RSX wide band. I really shouldnt even say anything because I know what Im about to type could potentially be off a little bit. But the end story is that nobody has a wide band o2 doing correction on WOT, nobody, if you do your retarded. Again that could be wrong. But in the end, most cars run narrow bands, not widebands and it works. Its cheaper. And for the cost of the wideband I bought a nice gauge setup that works great, just liek Hondata recommends.

[/quote]

Three things

1. Flashpro is awesome for dbw guys. Cheaper then kpro and 99% of the features. I think only boost control is missing.

2. Kpro to me is not better then a properly tuned aem ems. I'm proof as well as the many other aem ems cars on this sight that function properly

3. True that a properly tuned wot doesn't need o2 fb. But variations in weather make it really nice. U tune the car with it off. U find just for shits that 11.5 is ur ideal wot afr. U tune for that and then set o2 fb to aim for 11.5 in boost.

Now if variations happen ur tune accounts for it. Just another layer of adjustment is the way I look at it. Kpro has st and long term fuel trims and aem has o2 fb. Is there really a difference? Wouldn't it be nice if ur fuel trims were based off a wide band?

And nicer oem cars come with widebands from factory. Stupid rsx had one. Why not s2k
Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1311110772' post='20794844

color me surprised.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I mean the O2 feedback for lean cut, not for correction under WOT. They could still code for the ELD to use wideband feedback to make the lean cut work, just not sure why they dont give a shit,... probably because they already have our money.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flashpro now has boost control
Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1311122308' post='20795396
[quote name='Kyushin' timestamp='1311110772' post='20794844']

color me surprised.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Three things

1. Flashpro is awesome for dbw guys. Cheaper then kpro and 99% of the features. I think only boost control is missing.

2. Kpro to me is not better then a properly tuned aem ems. I'm proof as well as the many other aem ems cars on this sight that function properly

3. True that a properly tuned wot doesn't need o2 fb. But variations in weather make it really nice. U tune the car with it off. U find just for shits that 11.5 is ur ideal wot afr. U tune for that and then set o2 fb to aim for 11.5 in boost.

Now if variations happen ur tune accounts for it. Just another layer of adjustment is the way I look at it. Kpro has st and long term fuel trims and aem has o2 fb. Is there really a difference? Wouldn't it be nice if ur fuel trims were based off a wide band?

And nicer oem cars come with widebands from factory. Stupid rsx had one. Why not s2k
[/quote]
Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 AM

^this thread has been lost...

BACK TO THE CAI?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Well, we are a bit off topic but honestly I'm glad that we are. I'm wondering if I should turn on the wideband A/F feedback feature of the E-manage Ultimate, and whether doing so will provide a benefit at part throttle or only at WOT... Gonna have to do some research.

Meanwhile, I've cut away some of the front bumper and some of the inner liner to allow more air to reach the filter. I left a bit of the black plastic "fake vent" in place because the filter sits right next to the vent, and I don't want a lot of water to splash directly on it. The hole is big enough that I can get my hand in there and reach around to mess with it.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for SOS kit