S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cold Air Intake for SOS kit

Old 07-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My VTEC is set at 3200rpm when TPS is >60 FWIW
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the cfm rating of that filter and how much cfm is the blower flowing at 15.5 psi?

any pics of the hood?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Originally Posted by Tuner Eddy' timestamp='1310819409' post='20785872
I'm anxious to see your dyno plot once the intake is properly installed. You could always run one of the chargespeed brake ducts in your bumper since you have an ap1.

What is your full setup?
Yeah, next on my to-do list today is to cut away some of the fake brake duct and get more air into that space. I'll probably go back for some more dyno time in a couple of months because I still want the BLV to work, I'm thinking about moving VTEC lower, and it would be nice to have a final answer about what this CAI setup does when fully installed. The beauty of a centrifugal SC is that I can shift @ 8k and the engine will never see >14psi, but I don't want to have to remember to do that. Especially after spending the money to buy the BLV and have it welded on, I want to get it working to cap boost at 14psi the rest of the way to redline.

My setup:

- '03 AP1, stock motor, never opened, 58k miles
- SOS tuner kit, Novi 1200, 3.2" pulley @ 15.5psi
- SOS racing heat exchanger
- SOS sport clutch
- SOS 70mm throttle body
- Berk 63.5mm HFC
- OEM header & cat-back exhaust
- FullRedneck HomeFab Cold Air Intake: 3.5" polished aluminum piping, re-using the AEM dryflow filter that came with the SOS kit
- E-manage Ultimate with Boomslang harness
- ID1000 injectors
- NGK plugs (can't remember the part # but they're the same ones everyone uses)
- OEM map sensor clamped @ 2.84v
- Greddy map sensor plumbed in separately
- Stock cooling system aside from vented hood
- GA 93 octane pump gas
Its interesting that your still on emanage. If you can swing the cash, jump to K-Pro. I cant wait to get my blower back and see what my gains are
Old 07-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Just a thought, but maybe your stock ecu pulled timing when the tuner was "tuning" your car. Once the car was turned off and restarted for the intake pulls the timing was put back to stock timing (in the stock ecu). IDK. But, i sure am interested to see if it's the intake. Thinking of fabbin one up myself just to see
Old 07-17-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Just a thought, but maybe your stock ecu pulled timing when the tuner was "tuning" your car. Once the car was turned off and restarted for the intake pulls the timing was put back to stock timing (in the stock ecu). IDK. But, i sure am interested to see if it's the intake. Thinking of fabbin one up myself just to see

This was the first thing i was thinking too! The difinitive answer will be when Ken goes to the dyno again and we will see what the cai effect from its true location is. I would bet that its a solid 15whp though. We can always hope for more. I think the A/F ratio is a big variable too!
Sick though ken! Congrats! Now lets see what my car does verses your car. should be a good run!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by camuman
whats the cfm rating of that filter and how much cfm is the blower flowing at 15.5 psi?

any pics of the hood?
Two good questions, neither of which I can answer at the moment. I just looked up the filter and AEM's website didn't seem to have CFM ratings.

I tried something different with my hood. Most people don't seem to like it, but I wanted to vent heat from directly above the exhaust manifold & turbo (when I was Greddy'd). Having vents above the fuse box (in the normal vent location) just seemed like a way to get lots of water in the electronics. I just dropped the aluminum inserts off to be chromed today, so I'll take better pics in a few weeks when I get them back.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by GoOn3
Originally Posted by myflys2k' timestamp='1310869939' post='20787068

This was the first thing i was thinking too! The difinitive answer will be when Ken goes to the dyno again and we will see what the cai effect from its true location is. I would bet that its a solid 15whp though. We can always hope for more. I think the A/F ratio is a big variable too!
Sick though ken! Congrats! Now lets see what my car does verses your car. should be a good run!
Do you still have the turbo installed? I had assumed you'd taken it off already to sell it. I was thinking of taking mine to the drag strip soon 'cuz it's too fast to play with on the street. It'd be great to take both cars up to Commerce and see what they do...
Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Deception
You're giving me ideas...

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Its interesting that your still on emanage. If you can swing the cash, jump to K-Pro. I cant wait to get my blower back and see what my gains are
I've always wondered about this. The car drives great right now, so I don't have any problems that would cause me to ditch the e-manage.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Originally Posted by Deception' timestamp='1310833619' post='20786178

I've always wondered about this. The car drives great right now, so I don't have any problems that would cause me to ditch the e-manage.
I could go into details. I can only compare AEM EMS to K-Pro from personal experience, K-Pro KICKS THE SHIT out of EMS. Drive ability is way better, the car responce is much better, and tuning is a crap load easier! Emanage is simply a piggyback tuning device, it cannot fully control everything. We all know it works, but in my mind when you start pushing the limits of the engine with higher boost and etc, a fully customizable ecu is ideal, and it preferred by most reputable tuners. Can you turn off the knock sensor? Can you adjust idle speed? Not with emanage you cant.

Anyways, if it works for you that great, I'm happy it does. In other news, I just dropped 120 bucks on intake piping for my custom intake attempt. I plan on running a 90 degree 3.5 off the blower on a 45 degree angle towards the passenger side wheel well liner and running the intake similar to an AEM CAI. the goal is NO CUTTING of any kind. Then Ill do dyno testing.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed' timestamp='1310932802' post='20788219
[quote name='Deception' timestamp='1310833619' post='20786178']

I could go into details. I can only compare AEM EMS to K-Pro from personal experience, K-Pro KICKS THE SHIT out of EMS. Drive ability is way better, the car responce is much better, and tuning is a crap load easier! Emanage is simply a piggyback tuning device, it cannot fully control everything. We all know it works, but in my mind when you start pushing the limits of the engine with higher boost and etc, a fully customizable ecu is ideal, and it preferred by most reputable tuners. Can you turn off the knock sensor? Can you adjust idle speed? Not with emanage you cant.
[/quote]

Isnt Kpro just an expensive, glorified piggyback? AEM is a true standalone, your tuner just might be more proficient at tuning Kpro than AEM.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for SOS kit