S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cold Air Intake for SOS kit

Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing happening with mine lately... I've been traveling for work and still need to install my A/F gauge so I can monitor things for a while. I don't wanna pay for more dyno time (already had 3 sessions so far this year!) until I'm exactly sure what I want to tweak, and I need to study the part-throttle A/F numbers to think through whether to turn on the A/F feedback in the EMU.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 PM

I don't have a build thread yet (too damn lazy), so I thought I'd use this thread to post an update. Remember how that shop f*cked up my inner fender? Well, my passenger side fender liner needs to be replaced and I have to remove that box they welded in so that the new liner will fit. Enough talking - on to pics!

Here's the rusted ass piece of metal they welded in.

And another shot from underneath. Rusty enough?

Got the fender, liner, bumper cover , headlight, brackets, most wires and the wheel outta the way so we can start work:

We cut it off and then hit the edges of the OEM sheetmetal with a grinder. Big damn hole now:

Another shot so you can see it relative to the rest of the car:
Old 10-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ thats some top notch work lol.. what shop was this again?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 PM

I've got tons of aluminum laying around but no steel. So we cleaned up the piece they had welded in, flattened it so it doesn't interfere with the fender liner, and tacked it back into place.

Then we put on the first coat of the stuff we're using to seal it.

We'll apply a few more coats and then use some seam filler to fill the gaps and smooth it all out.

My neighbor is doing most of the work. I'm just taking pics and providing food. He uses my other garage bay for his project cars. Currently he's stripping all the parts off an old 240Z which he's parting out. The engine/trans is from an R32 Skyline, should be about 400hp. He's got a 280Z with a full rollcage and a 300ZX rearend swap sitting in a storage unit that we're bringing over later this week to install this drivetrain.

So anyway, the garage is a mess and it's a perfect day to be hacking up cars and eating pizza. Hope you're all having as good a time as I am today!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:19 PM

It's a local shop in the historic section of Roswell, GA. They've done some really good work on other cars, but I think they rushed mine.

Oh, and we're using POR-15 rust preventative paint. Gonna do several coats. We did a few cleaning steps beforehand that I don't have pics of. I'm doing all this today because the piece they welded in intruded into the wheelwell so they had to cut away part of the fender liner. I don't want to do that to the new liner, and wanted to fix this anyway. It won't be beautiful, but it'll be done, which is what I care about. Still hoping to take the car to the drag strip this Friday and need the new fender liner installed for that.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM

Ok, more pics. It's done for now. Crappy work from a cosmetic standpoint, but FREE. Paying somebody to do this woulda cost a chunk of money which I'd rather spend on, I dunno, maybe my second clutch in five months.

Getting ready to paint...

Holy rattle cans, Batman! Who would use Pep Boys spray paint on an S2000?

I sanded down the filler a bit, but it still looks horrid. Gonna have to redo it from scratch if I really want it to look decent. The paint I used is a shade too light, but I'll go back over it with Silverstone later. This was done in a hurry late Monday night so I could put the new fender liner in and take the car in for diagnostics on Tuesday.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:57 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Question,

My AFE filter is pretty damn huge and hardly fits in the comptech box, it was dynoed with lid off due to fitment issues. As soon as lid was on or hood was closed the maps were screwed. Tuner mentioned that filter is sucking harder but getting less air and I am losing some power. It had to be road tuned to adjust Things.

Soooo... I am thinking air box is a chocking point and I am better of running without it.

Agreed, disagreed?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EOE
Question,

My AFE filter is pretty damn huge and hardly fits in the comptech box, it was dynoed with lid off due to fitment issues. As soon as lid was on or hood was closed the maps were screwed. Tuner mentioned that filter is sucking harder but getting less air and I am losing some power. It had to be road tuned to adjust Things.

Soooo... I am thinking air box is a chocking point and I am better of running without it.

Agreed, disagreed?

Ditch it.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Anyone else confirms this crazy 44HP gain from CAI setup?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend and I have seen +1.5 psi just from going from a non protected air filter to a stock vortech air box and vortech air filter.

Plus 30 degree's difference in IAT.

I would say it makes a HUGE difference. There are other factors that also play a part, reverberation, pressure, things I have no clue talking about but at the end of the day, i'm sure it's doing much more good then bad.

Too bad you have to cut to get that to work. RainH8R, did you built something yet? it's only been 2+ years.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for SOS kit