S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

clicking sound comming from the supercharger

Old 04-04-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird sound. If it's not a broken mount (no idea what that sounds like), just from listening my guess is either the unit doesn't have enough oil in it or one of the bearings is bad.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:40 PM

Bracket is new style with bushings. I had heard the old brackets not only cracked, they cracked the block at the VTEC solenoid! From the posts I'm reading, the sound is specific to my SC... so now to troubleshoot it

Wish someone from Comptech would post here once in a while I shot them an email with a link to my vid anyway.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:45 AM

Hey, mine sounds like that too!!! I just had my installed recently and also did it at Comptech. I'm located in the bay area as well. Was thinking about taking the car back to comptech and having them check through everything again.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM

Well, if anyone knows how to install these things, I would assume it is the people who actually put the kit together. I watched them do the install which took twice as long as other places quoted. Ryan who worked on my car was meticulous about routing every hose, wire.

So far, that makes a total of 4 people including me that have this sound. I suppose it is possible that the snail (which Comptech resells) could come with a defective bearing? I did find a little metal tab with a serial number stamped into it attached to the snail with a braided steel wire. I considered that maybe it might vibrate andhave a harmonic at 3,000 rpm. But, I can hold it away from the snail and the sound is still there. Also, I can't see what it is attached to inside so simply cutting that wire won't necessarily remove it. I left it alone.

Anyway, I did email Comptech's tech address with a link to the video. Maybe someone there can shed some light on this issue.

S1uma1, if you don't make it back to Eldorado Hills, lets try to both go to the next BA meet. I'd really like to hear another car firsthand.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Halo,Apr 6 2005, 12:41 PM
So far, that makes a total of 4 people including me that have this sound.
I would sugest that if 4 people have the same sound and all are functioning correctly then it is probably normal.

In that case you might ask why other Comptech users don't comment on this noise. The answer may well be that they just aren't as paranoid as you.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:00 PM

I hear ya. I've been driving with the sound for a year so I haven't exactly lost sleep over it. Took me that entire time to finally get around to shooting a vid. But, I always wondered if there was some simple fix and this thread made me wonder if anyone had figured one out.

Then again, maybe there is a spun bearing in there and it will suddenly seize on me one day at 70 mph causing the belt to slip and other nastiness
Old 04-06-2005, 09:15 AM

HALO: I'd be interested in hearing a few other Comptech cars as well... when's the next meet? I'm actually gonna be in the middle of moving down to LA this month, but will be travelling back and forth from bay area to LA until august. Maybe we can meet up sometime this month and possibly get a few others with the same problem and caravan up to comptech. I would really like this issue resolved because i can't stand the high pitch whine. The compressor whine i can take, but not this high pitch whine.

Let me know ur thoughts!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:47 PM

mmmm...another arguement for vortech>comptech?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that one. We're not even sure whether this is a problem or just over-sensitive owners. I suspect the latter.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:49 AM

i had the same problem,means bearings are bad they sent me out a new one pretty quick though...

Quick Reply: clicking sound comming from the supercharger