S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

check engine light, stalling, bucking

Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light, stalling, bucking

The check engine light comes on sometimes, and when it does, the car idles extremely low, about 400 rpms and almost stalls everytime you move it. if you hit 3000 rpm you have to shift or the car will buck like crazy. I have the stock ems so i'm guessing that is a problem since it has a supercharger. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. And i was wondering what the cheapest ems will be but i need to pass emissions, so HELP PLEASE! Here is the engine code and mods for the car:

P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input

Vortech V2 s/c
Comptech flywheel
stage 2 clutch (not sure of the brand)

we bought the car from a friend that my parents work with, he's the only owner and said he never had the bucking problem or anything and where he lives he didn't need emissions. Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 10:24 PM

Ok, what do you mean "I have stock EMS"

Are you mistaking your stock ECU with EMS?

I have the same problem with my set up I don't always get the engine light.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM

yeah i guess thats what i mean, i'm new to all of this i'm still kinda learning. i guess what i know is its my management system for my fuel system. such as an emanage, aem, something like that. yeah my light isn't always on either, just sometimes.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:10 AM

maybe it's a problem with the map sensor? are you using anything like a missing link?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 AM
d-j

Do you have the whole Vortech kit? It should have a piggyback (ems) blackbox from Split Second. Check under the steering wheel and/or above the driver
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM

I am going to eliminate the black box wiring for me because I have personally done it twice with solder and shrink tubing and I know it is perfect. So maybe my map sensor is bad.

It only does it sometimes, but the symtoms are exactly what radford explained.

What is the meaning of the cell that he pulled? anyone
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 AM

about the MAP sensor, i took it to the acura dealer just to see if it was something other than the s/c and they told me that the code was the MAP sensor. well i took it to inline and the guy was like "yeah the map sensors almost never go bad, it has to be something else" but now all of you guys are saying the map sensor. I am going to have to look in about that blackbox to see, i thought it had the full kit, but maybe its missing something. should i look for a new ems/ecu whatever to help with the fuel system or is whatever i have now ok??
Old 05-17-2007, 08:23 AM

On S2000's the Map sensors do go bad, so I would start with a Map Sensor. Especially if that is what the code says.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM

now i noticed that the map sensors changed on 03 for those models and up, should i just put a 00-02 map sensor on or put one of the newer ones on? i read something that the older ones had a few minor issues which they fixed with the newest ones. Would that cause issues for me if i put in the new one? and who should i get one from? dealer or some other shop? and should i stay with a 1-bar or go to a 3-bar
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/product.ph...5&cat=53&page=2

There is the linky for you.

Quick Reply: check engine light, stalling, bucking