S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Car Shutting Down

Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shutting Down

When I first got the Turbo installed, the car was shutting down when the engine was getting hot. I would drive the car in the morning and after a couple miles, I was hearing this clicking coming from underneath the stering wheel box and the car was shutting down and then the fuel pump was not coming on. I had to wait until the engine cooled down to start the car.

We had the Mugen Fan Switch installed but the Thermostat was not on. When we installed the thermostat, it was all fine. I drove the car like this for like 2 weeks and then yesterday, the car shut down again. I turned the ignition on again and the fuel pump came on. Today it did the same thing. The weird thing is that it was doing it all the time before. Now it is only when I slow down and stop the car at a light or something. When it is moving it doesn't do it.

Today it shut off and same thing like the first time, the fuel pump didn't come on for like 5 minutes. I'm still hearing that clicking right before the car shuts down. As soon as I hear a clicking, I give it a little bit throttle and it goes back to normal. I have to keep the RPM up when I'm at a red light to prevent the car from shutting down.

Anybody have any ideas? Andbody had this problem before?

I heard the AEM shuts off the fuel pump when the car is gonna overheat but I don't think that is the case.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my car was doing that and it happened to be bad plugs.. when i drove around it was fine but when i clutched in coming to the light the car would drops rpms down to 0. i would have to wait a second turn it on and give it gas. apparently i was running rich down low and it fouled the plus were they would not ignite effectively anywhere but past 3k and higher
Old 01-14-2007, 08:02 AM

well that sounds right partially. the car is somehow running rich than when it was first dyno'ed. It's only been a month though since the dyno
Old 01-14-2007, 08:39 AM

when is the last time you changed your battery?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:11 AM

instead of relocating the battery, we put a small one but I'm sure it's not the battery.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 AM

I was having this same issue, but haven't had it happen again since I installed the Koyo rad and FAL fans last week.

I will check plugs too tho, as that may be part of the prob.

It's def not the batt; it's brand new.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Jan 14 2007, 01:18 PM
I was having this same issue, but haven't had it happen again since I installed the Koyo rad and FAL fans last week.

I will check plugs too tho, as that may be part of the prob.

It's def not the batt; it's brand new.
the weird thing is that at first it was definitely overheating. i was driving the car for 5 mins and it was shutting down and was not starting until the engine cooled down. now, it stops but then I can start it right away.

what i realized today was that it definitely shuts off when I take the key out and when the turbo timer starts running.

where did you get those fans??

BTW, i guess i need a new bumper. something that won't block the intercooler a lot. Half of my intercooler does not get direct air.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:08 AM

you need a js bumper
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by batikan,Jan 15 2007, 12:07 AM
where did you get those fans??
Summit Racing
Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Jan 15 2007, 09:17 AM
Summit Racing