S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Car has rev hang after clearing codes

Old 07-26-2014, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car has rev hang after clearing codes

So my car is a 2006 with 35k. A couple weeks ago the check engine light came on for a P2A00, o2 sensor performance. Found a TSB for P2A00, which said to replace o2 sensor and reflash ecu to change programming for o2 sensor. So I had the o2 sensor (blue wrap) replaced with the oem updated sensor (green wrap). I did not have the car reflashed do to my car having a tune for the turbo. The person that worked on it said there where some other codes in the computer such as:

71-10 Open in drivers seat position sensor.
92-20. Open or short to ground in pass. airbag cutoff indicator.
A1-10. Faulty power supply
12-1. Rf wheel speed sensor failure
14-1. Lf wheel speed sensor failure
25-1. YAW rate sensor failure
27-1. Steering angle sensor failure
61-1. Battery voltage failure
68-1. Brake switch failure
83-1. ECM/PCM relation failure
86-1. CAN relation failure

I wasn't to worried to see all the codes because the battery had went bad, having the engine torn apart, transmission out of it, suspension taken apart, turbo kit install, etc. So I told him to just clear all the codes.

After I got the car back, driving at 60mph, I noticed it wasn't driving how it used to, almost like the cruise control was on with my foot off the gas and but still in gear. Didn't think to much of it, but later that night, I went out racing and first race I knew something wasn't right. Mid-race I shifted out of 4th at 8,000 rpm and the RPM's just stayed at 8k. Pulled over checked all my connections, vacuum lines.

I have noticed it only rev hangs in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. It will not in 1st or 2nd or at idle when revving. I have hook my flashpro and computer up to the car and done some datalog. I found cruising at 60mph in 4th gear, push the clutch in taken it out of gear, off the gas, throttle pedal is at 0%, throttle plate is anywhere from 6-10%, but has gone up to 14%. Vacuum at 22, injectors at 1.70 ms. Vss is reading normal.

I have tried doing a couple things I have found on here like throttle idle relearn, reflash the tune back on to the ecu, even reinstalling the faulty sensor I just had replaced. And still rev hangs. Tried calling the tuner but he is out of town. Now im going to try to clean the thottle body and see what happens.

Does anybody have any other ideas?