S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

bypass valve / bov on Comptech ques

Old 06-04-2005, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bypass valve / bov on Comptech ques

Just got my SC installed on my 05, puts a big smile on my face! Anyhow, got a question (didn't come up with anything using search). I know that people are running several different blow off valves on their Comptechs. I wanted to know if there is a difference between utilizing a bov that is dual vs single piston/valve?

The stock bypass valve remains open during vacuum, which allows for the air to recirculate during part throttle and idle back to the supercharger. This is the same for single valve bov's. However, if I were to use a dual piston/valve bov, one that stays shut at idle/part throttle, will this negatively affect the supercharger/compressor? The HKS SSQV is similar to dual piston in that is also stays shut at idle/part throttle. I'm thinking if I use a dual piston/valve bov, it'll have a slight advantage over the single in that the system will be already pressurize with the valve closed. So, when I hit the throttle, there will be no valve to close, hence possible better throttle response.

Would there be a concern to not having the valve open at part throttle/idle vacuum, since this is the way Comptech designed their system? Also, for those with the single piston/valve bov, aren't you worried about particles/dust/etc. entering the bov while it is open?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed my Godzilla BOV last week and it works great... It does pass air at idle and cruise just like the stock did. When you apply throttle it closes immediately and you can hear it.

I don't worry about anything going into the horn cause for one, it's pointed down and for two air is always blowing out...

Until someone proves otherwise, I was more confident with constant air bypass as with the original setup than the traditional BOV.

My main concern is I did not want to lose HP for a "noisemaker" For right now it seems as if I have the best of both worlds.