S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost into the crankcase is bad

Old 08-26-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the main issue being over looked now is the fact Krank Vents set up a vacuum which is the main selling point. Sure anyone can go out and buy a generic check valve to keep boost out, but does not have the same end result as the Krank Vents.

I personally run the Krank Vents and they really work. My car used to smoke heavily at WOT and now it does not.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

John Z,

Please, only comments that are informed. The check-valves I am talking about are twice the quality and specs as the checkvalves in your Krankvent system. To say they do not work as well or cannot create a vacum is just ignorent. Read up the specs on the check valves I am talking about from Mcmasters, then go ahead and edit your post for me. But lets be totally accurate and say that the valves I am describing are NOT ATTRACTIVE and just plane ugly. Nice thing about the Krankvent system is exactly what kane said, not only does it work, but it looks GOOD doing it!

Trust me, I am really not a ass, its just I believe this is a important mod, and it sounds like it helped you out, and so I would like the information to stay accurate.

Thanks John

J. R.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:08 PM

Please explain how my post is not informative. When did I state a generic check valve was not effective? You need to re-read my post. I made an actual observed benefit that others have experienced too.

One check valve from the PCV port to the manifold will not create a vacuum. You need an additional check valve on the front breather.

If your setup has two McMaster check valves then you have created your own Krank Vent system at a lower cost.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by flexer,Aug 26 2006, 04:53 PM
John Z,

Please, only comments that are informed. The check-valves I am talking about are twice the quality and specs as the checkvalves in your Krankvent system. To say they do not work as well or cannot create a vacum is just ignorent. Read up the specs on the check valves I am talking about from Mcmasters, then go ahead and edit your post for me. But lets be totally accurate and say that the valves I am describing are NOT ATTRACTIVE and just plane ugly. Nice thing about the Krankvent system is exactly what kane said, not only does it work, but it looks GOOD doing it!

Trust me, I am really not a ass, its just I believe this is a important mod, and it sounds like it helped you out, and so I would like the information to stay accurate.

Thanks John

J. R.
I've used them. I had some serious issues with oil consumption with them. I now have one on my intake manifold to cylinder head. I removed the one from the front of the valve cover because it was causing a pressure build up in the crankcase and flooded the intake with oil... I don't think that they pop open as quickly as they claim.

Tim
Old 08-28-2006, 09:03 PM

John,

I re-read your post. Maybe I did read it wrong sorry. Timg, since I have installed the two they have not given me one problem and oil constuption is ZERO! One thing Timg is that they have over 4 diffrent kinds and tons of sizes with diffrent specs. Some open as easy as .3 psi of pressure and some take as much as 5 psi to open. Also they have two distict diffrent kinds of designs. The RX7 guys have been using them since around 1997 when they discovered them, and they seem to work good. Here is the link to my orriginal post:

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?partnum=7775k61

That is the link for em. You just need to buy two female barbed fittings and your good.

The part number is 7775K63
The item is described as :
Brass Medium-Pressure Spring-Loaded Piston Check Valves

The barbed fittings can be found here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?partnum=5346K56

The can be opened with .3 psi of vacum or pressure and can hold up to 1000 psi. I know it is over board but you just never know. They also have plastic ones as well that the RX7 guys use that are cheaper but why not get the nice brass ones and not worry about it.

Now here is the question. HOW ARE THOSE GUYS AT Crank Vents link above selling those things at such a HORRIBLE price. I hope you guys will take the info I posted here today and save yourselfs some money.

J. R.

There is my orriginal post. Now these are not for everyone. If you want the attractive look contact Kane, and go with the krankvents you won't regret it as they function as good as they look. For others like myself who are more function than looks, than these will be right up your alley.

GOOD LUCK ALL with your projects!!!

J. R.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 PM

That link will take you to the check valves but look at the part number. Its not the one that comes up highlighted but the one 2 down in 3/8th size that you want.

J. R.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 AM

Products are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Thanks for reposting this flexer! I remember you posted these last time but that thread somehow dissappeared.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flexer,Aug 28 2006, 09:03 PM
John,

I re-read your post. Maybe I did read it wrong sorry. Timg, since I have installed the two they have not given me one problem and oil constuption is ZERO! One thing Timg is that they have over 4 diffrent kinds and tons of sizes with diffrent specs. Some open as easy as .3 psi of pressure and some take as much as 5 psi to open. Also they have two distict diffrent kinds of designs. The RX7 guys have been using them since around 1997 when they discovered them, and they seem to work good. Here is the link to my orriginal post:

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?partnum=7775k61

That is the link for em. You just need to buy two female barbed fittings and your good.

The part number is 7775K63
The item is described as :
Brass Medium-Pressure Spring-Loaded Piston Check Valves

The barbed fittings can be found here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?partnum=5346K56

The can be opened with .3 psi of vacum or pressure and can hold up to 1000 psi. I know it is over board but you just never know. They also have plastic ones as well that the RX7 guys use that are cheaper but why not get the nice brass ones and not worry about it.

Now here is the question. HOW ARE THOSE GUYS AT Crank Vents link above selling those things at such a HORRIBLE price. I hope you guys will take the info I posted here today and save yourselfs some money.

J. R.

There is my orriginal post. Now these are not for everyone. If you want the attractive look contact Kane, and go with the krankvents you won't regret it as they function as good as they look. For others like myself who are more function than looks, than these will be right up your alley.

GOOD LUCK ALL with your projects!!!

J. R.
so lemme get this straight this goes in line from valve cover to pcv valves and this is a 8th of the price for the others?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stphotographer,Aug 29 2006, 07:26 AM
Products are worth what people are willing to pay for them.
Yep, bingo. Obviously the manufacturer feels like he's selling them at an appropriet price since he sells a good handful of them. Also who knows...maybe it costs him a good bit to have them made.

You are paying $30 for brass valves that don't look too great and I can't return back to mcmaster if it fails. IMO, I'd personally rather go with the krank vents anyways.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 PM

GDM,

Correct a 1/8th of the price, but like Kane says......You get what you pay for. They are brass not nice and polished. Maybe I will put up a picture of mine so you all can see. That work for you guys?

J. R.

Quick Reply: Boost into the crankcase is bad