S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost gauge install

Old 03-29-2016, 08:50 AM
RZA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost gauge install

Searched for this and couldn't find a definitive answer. When installing a boost guage, for the vacuum line can I tee off of the PCV line that going into the intake mani after the butterfly?
So basically the pcv line on the intake manifold tee'd with the boost gauge line into te boost guage?
Any problems with that? Any better suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That should be fine. Do you also have your BoV going to the PCV line?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:49 AM
RZA

Originally Posted by Chance S2K
No, I do not. Is that a concern..?
And btw I figured out my problem. I had capped the spot on the intake manifold that the pcv connects too and let the pcv go to the atmosphere. I uncapped it and put the pcv back on and it took away the stuttering and missing. I don't know why but it did.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RZA
Originally Posted by Chance S2K' timestamp='1459276182' post='23922339
And btw I figured out my problem. I had capped the spot on the intake manifold that the pcv connects too and let the pcv go to the atmosphere. I uncapped it and put the pcv back on and it took away the stuttering and missing. I don't know why but it did.
Wow, I would not at all have guessed that. If someone knows why that worked I'd be interested to hear. I have my PCV going to my catch can, and then another breather port up front straight to atmosphere.

And no, I think there's a few other lines you can put the BoV through, I just know the PCV is one of the more commonly used ones. It should still work for boost I believe but you may want to wait for some others to chime in as I'm not sure if there's a recommended practice here. I haven't wired up my boost gauge yet because it's one of the AEM electric ones and I don't know how to use that in conjunction with my MBC.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like to either T into the factory vacuum line for the FPR or, if you have the secondary air pump removed, use the free nipple on the IM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 AM
RZA

Originally Posted by Chance S2K
Originally Posted by RZA' timestamp='1459277368' post='23922353
[quote name='Chance S2K' timestamp='1459276182' post='23922339']
Wow, I would not at all have guessed that. If someone knows why that worked I'd be interested to hear. I have my PCV going to my catch can, and then another breather port up front straight to atmosphere.

And no, I think there's a few other lines you can put the BoV through, I just know the PCV is one of the more commonly used ones. It should still work for boost I believe but you may want to wait for some others to chime in as I'm not sure if there's a recommended practice here. I haven't wired up my boost gauge yet because it's one of the AEM electric ones and I don't know how to use that in conjunction with my MBC.
[/quote]
Yea, it really surprised me it was that. But I remembered a while ago I did that after it popped off and had a vacuum leak and then I out it back and bam, nice idle and no stutter. Only thing I could guess is that it was pulling slight air from the pcv and without that it was causing it to run a little rich? No idea but it's fine now.
So just tee the little vac line from the fpr to te intake mani. The like 5 inch one correct?
Old 03-29-2016, 04:40 PM
RZA

So my bov line is already tee'd into the fpr vac line so what are my other options?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:25 PM
RZA

Can I use more than one tee on the fpr line? Or is there a one use limit on line tee'age lol? I'm running out of vac lines pretty much. PCV is the only other one, but I don't want gasses coming through my dash.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RZA
Can I use more than one tee on the fpr line? Or is there a one use limit on line tee'age lol? I'm running out of vac lines pretty much. PCV is the only other one, but I don't want gasses coming through my dash.
Yes. You can have more than one T on the same vacuum line.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:41 PM
RZA

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
Originally Posted by RZA' timestamp='1459304721' post='23922776
Yes. You can have more than one T on the same vacuum line.
Okay, just gonna tee into the line that is already tee'd from the fpr to the bov. Loads of tees in this thread. Tees? T? Who knows. Anyways. Problem solved. Thanks everyone.