S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost @ lower RPMs with Comptech/Vortech SC's

Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in this sense, i totally agree with u.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the Wastegate which inline-pro has doesnt look that bad. Besides even if it was ugly its not like it couldnt be installed just before the intercooer (assuming FMIC) thus making it hidden.

isnt a wastegate EXACTLY designed to do what the OP is asking? I know they are generally installed Immediatly after the turbo, but what is the difference if its a 5" or 15" away? The wastegate spring by definition should only allow X Psi through right?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM

Now I maybe wrong here but last time I checked the resistance on the blower when i spun it by hand without a belt was none, so i'm confused at your comment about taking power to boost down low. The Air conditioner draws more power from the engine then the SC.
So spinning a 50,000 rpm pump by hand can give you an accurate representation of how much power it requires to pump air?

Now why would the SC be overheating if running more boost at a lower rpm? Whats the difference if you are running a 3.0" sos pulley rated at 14psi but use it to build the low mid range and bleed off to say 10psi at red line? This is an example of what could safely work and give someone the ability to have more power in the lower rpm but for what ever reasons would not want to run the high peak power of 14psi.
By bleeding off air you are causing the compressor to flow a whole lot more than you're using, even if it's recirculated back into the intake. It's still gotta pump the air. You end up shifting your boost plot to the right on the compressor map. Efficiency will suffer, and the compressor ends up putting more heat into the air. Not to mention the hot air that's recirculating and heating the incoming air before it hits the compressor wheel. Your IATs on the top end will be a whole lot higher than expected. Whether or not they're too high remains to be seen, but it is a concern that I would certainly look into if I were trying this. There's also a concern about blower speed. The Vortech SC trim, for example, needs to stay below 53,000 rpm. This will limit your pulley size and may end up causing the gained torque down low to not be enough to offset the hotter IATs up top.

I get annoyed at these self proclaimed know it all's that chime in and shoot any new ideas down because in their own mind they know everything and have ultimately created there own short sided thinking box.
Yeah. Me too...
Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Oct 25 2008, 09:04 PM
Now I maybe wrong here but last time I checked the resistance on the blower when i spun it by hand without a belt was none, so i'm confused at your comment about taking power to boost down low. The Air conditioner draws more power from the engine then the SC.

Now why would the SC be overheating if running more boost at a lower rpm? Whats the difference if you are running a 3.0" sos pulley rated at 14psi but use it to build the low mid range and bleed off to say 10psi at red line? This is an example of what could safely work and give someone the ability to have more power in the lower rpm but for what ever reasons would not want to run the high peak power of 14psi.

I get annoyed at these self proclaimed know it all's that chime in and shoot any new ideas down because in their own mind they know everything and have ultimately created there own short sided thinking box. We need to let some fresh ideas in before we shoot them down. Where there is a will anything can be done with some fresh new creativity, lets be open to this shall we
First you may need to check your math on th amount of power need to drive the blower. For big power cars it can be a 100+ HP

Second, you will not overheat the shupercharger you will increase your intake temps. Figuring 70% efficany and 65% from 8-12psi at 100F ambient temp you will go from 248F - 340F preintercooler.

Simple thermodynamics will yeild all the information you need. I was trying to help, so if you want to try be my guest. Oh, and creativity, you think that this has not been tried over and over again?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:00 PM

Guys my number one concern is not overboosting my stock block. I think i read not to go over 12psi so thats what it will be set to. I just put on the t trim blower which is 20% more CFM accross the board i think. Boost comes in alot sooner than with the SC trim. Gotta get this sucker retuned by Church ASAP.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^ The cheapest way to make sure you don't overboost is to put in a hobbs switch that either turns on a buzzer or light to warn of overboost. If you really want to get fancy plug it in to the Emanage and have it pull massive timing above XX pressure.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM

so is everyone against this bypass valve? Is an adjustable blow off valve the same thing?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:38 AM

This may be a complete waste of your time or prove to be somewhat helpful. I am 99.9999% clueless about this stuff and don't claim anything. LOL

For all of you engineering minds you guys might make some sort of sense with this. This thread is a year old and came from Clubroadster.net but it sounds like it could be similar to the idea's that you guys are talking about.
This is about instant boost and doesn't say where, although I would think throughout the rpm range.

Also, these guys are using a roots type blower (JR 45) rather than a centrifugal style blower, so I not sure if this is even relevant.

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0