S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Billet Valve cover

Old 05-11-2016 | 10:12 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Prokaw875
Awesome man. I love innovation like this, its what progresses the community. I am currently having a water pump block off and alternator relocation made for the S2000 so you can convert to an electric water pump. This is the same when it comes to machine time, design time, ordering the correct Helm joint, getting the pulley alignment correct, so much involved people don't understand. When the kit is finished I am going to be selling them with the block off, alternator mount, upper helm joint mount, 3/4 NPT to -16 AN Water pump outlet, hardware, and new belt but it will likely be in the $5xx-6xx range due to the machine time. Goal is to get it in the $4xx-5xx price range for marketing. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough interest in that valve cover due to price to justify the program being written.

I'd be down for an electric water pump. But I agree, I was hoping that the high power drag s2000's would be in on this. Instead, I get the response that I've been getting.
Old 05-12-2016 | 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Steven622
Originally Posted by Prokaw875' timestamp='1462969718' post='23963324
Awesome man. I love innovation like this, its what progresses the community. I am currently having a water pump block off and alternator relocation made for the S2000 so you can convert to an electric water pump. This is the same when it comes to machine time, design time, ordering the correct Helm joint, getting the pulley alignment correct, so much involved people don't understand. When the kit is finished I am going to be selling them with the block off, alternator mount, upper helm joint mount, 3/4 NPT to -16 AN Water pump outlet, hardware, and new belt but it will likely be in the $5xx-6xx range due to the machine time. Goal is to get it in the $4xx-5xx price range for marketing. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough interest in that valve cover due to price to justify the program being written.

I'd be down for an electric water pump. But I agree, I was hoping that the high power drag s2000's would be in on this. Instead, I get the response that I've been getting.
i am running a meziere pump. i made a block off plate for the front of the water pump:

tensioner removed.

i have since changed the setup to get rid of the pump housing all together so if anyone is interested in buying this block of plate, i'd sell it.

the replacement was a billet cnc machined thermostat housing:

Old 05-12-2016 | 08:13 AM

Beyond the fact that it's an expensive part and building a high horsepower S2000 is expensive, I fail to see the relationship between the two. This part would be better suited to the bling crowd in my opinion.
Old 05-12-2016 | 11:08 AM

Joe is my next door neighbor. He told me point blank it's 4 times the material and machine time, and if he's going to do a run it has to be profitable to him. If you look at the B cover, it's significantly shorter than both the F and K cover which is why he hasn't made one to date, because he didn't think people would want to spend the cash due to the significant increase in materials cost and machine time.

Oh and to be clear, This would be Joe @ locash doing it, handling the payments blah blah blah. I'm just seeing if there is even any interest because I want one. I updated my OP because it's clear you couldn't understand it.
No, I understand it.

What you don't get is that you are the only one that wants to pay $1500 for a valve cover, based on the responses. Also, drag race teams that operates on a budget are not going to pay $1500 from their budget for bling. Does it make the car faster? No, then they won't buy. Joe might be a great guy, and being meighbours with him would likely be cool and lots of fun since Joe probably has some cool projects and talents. All that does not change the fact that this is a product for a very limited market.
Old 05-12-2016 | 03:52 PM

It was worth seeing if there was interest. I don't think I'm reaching the target market correctly. The drag car guys with 1200+hp that have money for bling are the target market. It's the same kind of thing where you're not in the market for a $3000 kinsler manifold.
Bad comparison, the Kinsler is going to make power, valve covers don't. The idea is cool tho, maybe if you did something trick to mount external coils super clean...I'm sure yours will look sick.
Old 05-12-2016 | 04:44 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Suprdave
Originally Posted by Steven622' timestamp='1462906173' post='23962580
It was worth seeing if there was interest. I don't think I'm reaching the target market correctly. The drag car guys with 1200+hp that have money for bling are the target market. It's the same kind of thing where you're not in the market for a $3000 kinsler manifold.
Bad comparison, the Kinsler is going to make power, valve covers don't. The idea is cool tho, maybe if you did something trick to mount external coils super clean...I'm sure yours will look sick.

Actually that's something I was hoping to get input from the community. A lot of people run the K series coils (I do) based on what I understand and I was curious if there would be a want to run these with say LS coils or AEM coils for example.

If there is a "wish list" so to speak you guys would want to see, let me know.
Old 05-12-2016 | 05:22 PM

I would definitely be more interested in a way to mount some LSX coils on it. I'd like to see the design first before shelling out the money.

Right now they are mounted on a carbon fiber plate off the side of the oem valve cover.
Old 05-12-2016 | 11:17 PM
10 Year Member

I have a set of coils lying around that I can do that with. Is there really anything else other than perhaps large breathers on the front versus on the sides?
Old 05-16-2016 | 04:19 PM
Member (Premium)
15 Year Member

If you end up doing this valve cover. Id strongly recommend accomodating the road racing guys and the oiling issue we have with the stock baffle plate.

Please read this thread to familiarize yourself.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...-modification/
Old 05-24-2016 | 06:27 PM

Thanks rain, I was seriously going to buy this and luckily came across your post.

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
If you end up doing this valve cover. Id strongly recommend accomodating the road racing guys and the oiling issue we have with the stock baffle plate.

Please read this thread to familiarize yourself.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...-modification/

Quick Reply: Billet Valve cover