S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Best turbokit for S2000

Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best turbokit for S2000

Hey guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if we aren't allowed to ask "what is the best....." in this section but this is my first post. My friend has an S2000 and recently has been thinking of turboing it. He doesn't have a computer so I wanted to come on here and get some information.

I have an RSX Type-S and know that when going turbo there are two major options. There is the Greddy kit and the Full-Race kit. The Greddy kit would be considered the "basic" turbokit and puts out maximum about 300hp for the RSX. The Full-Race kit would be the kit you go with when money isn't an issue and you want the BEST quality parts and the MOST power because you can make up to 700hp in an RSX with a Full-Race kit.

I was just wondering. What are all the different options for turbokits for the S2000? I know there is a Greddy kit and a Full-Race kit and an InLinePro kit. What else is there? What would be considered the "basic" turbo. The one that is cheapest but also adds the least power? Is it Greddy? What would be considered the best turbokit? As in....makes the MOST power and the BEST quality parts?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:36 AM

inline ftw
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM

When it all boils down to it, all of the kits are more or less the same with the only major differences being the exhaust manifolds and the compromises you have to make due to their designs.

My car did not require a single permanent modification other than tapping the oil pan and I will never have to worry about my manifold cracking. InlinePRO gets my vote.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't think that there is a universal best. You need to figure out what you want and what you can spend. Those two things should narrow everything down to one or two kits.

Tim
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 PM

all comes down to your budget and your gaols for the car as well as what you want to sacrifice or alter to make certain kits work/fit properly

inline and full race are some of the better choices

but when it comes to my car/cars i just put together my own kit takes time and abit of fab work but it comes out like i want it to come out, i have certain ideas in my head as to what i want it to look like or how it will performe just takes time, patience,skill or someone who can do it for you and sometimes you need abit more cash then what "bolt on" turbo kits cost
Old 02-22-2007, 03:38 AM

Who has an S2000 and not a computer? I mean, we ARE in the 1980s now, right?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the replies so far guys. As far as his goals go:

He wants to have a really fast car without sacrificing the comforts of the actual car. He doesn't want to gut the interior, he doesn't want to put a full rollcage in or anything like that. He doesn't want a dyno queen either, that's making 800hp because that much hp is usually useless unless you go to the track. His car would probably be driven on the street about 90% of the time; so more or less, it would be his daily driver.

He said he would love to be running somewhere in the 11's. About how much horsepower does the average S2000 need to make to get into the 11's? And money isn't an issue because he will buy the best there is. So assuming, money is no issue and he needs a decent amount of power to potentially get into the 11's. You guys would still suggest the InLinePro or Full-Race kits?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PackerManDan35,Feb 22 2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies so far guys. As far as his goals go:

He wants to have a really fast car without sacrificing the comforts of the actual car. He doesn't want to gut the interior, he doesn't want to put a full rollcage in or anything like that. He doesn't want a dyno queen either, that's making 800hp because that much hp is usually useless unless you go to the track. His car would probably be driven on the street about 90% of the time; so more or less, it would be his daily driver.

He said he would love to be running somewhere in the 11's. About how much horsepower does the average S2000 need to make to get into the 11's? And money isn't an issue because he will buy the best there is. So assuming, money is no issue and he needs a decent amount of power to potentially get into the 11's. You guys would still suggest the InLinePro or Full-Race kits?
~450-500hp will get you into the 11's.

I'd go inlinepro if he wants to DD it. Other manifolds have a tendency to crack because of DD and that definatly sucks if you want a reliable car.

Plus you can easily make 500 horse with the inlinepro kit + headgasket
Old 02-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Inline Pro and Full Race should both be able to build what he wants from start to finish. The kits are significantly different. Inline Pro has many satisfied customers on here.

Tim
Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Feb 22 2007, 12:05 PM
~450-500hp will get you into the 11's.

I'd go inlinepro if he wants to DD it. Other manifolds have a tendency to crack because of DD and that definatly sucks if you want a reliable car.

Plus you can easily make 500 horse with the inlinepro kit + headgasket
400hp could get you into the 11s

hey blue, how bout that pump gas low boost run??? lol 11s for sure

Quick Reply: Best turbokit for S2000