S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

ATTENTION SUPERCHARGED S2000 OWNERS

Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTENTION SUPERCHARGED S2000 OWNERS

hey fellas, well i have been saving for 6-7 months and with the tax season here. i am ready to purchase my first SC kit. with that being said i came accross a question. i removed my air pump assembly about a year ago. cleaned up my engine bay and removed the hoses and the pump. but the relay is still there... i am wondering do i need the air pump assembly itself for my aftercooler to work or just the relay?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure you don't need the air pump to run a supercharger
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will be fine
Old 02-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't have the air pump in for the last 5 years. No issues.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OP I'm assuming you are talking about how the aftercooler water pump draws its 14V power from the air pump relay plug? To answer your question, no you do not need the air pump to still wire up the aftercooler water pump. Just wire the relay for your aftercooler water pump the same way it tells you to in the instructions. Even though the air pump isn't there anymore, power is still being fed to that air pump relay connector, so you can still use that power source to power your aftercooler water pump. That's the way I have mine setup; I removed my air pump a few months ago.

You will also need to plug off one of the ports coming off the aftercooler that typically has the air pump hose running to it, but you probably already have a plug on your current air intake tube from when you removed your air pump assembly.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
OP I'm assuming you are talking about how the aftercooler water pump draws its 14V power from the air pump relay plug? To answer your question, no you do not need the air pump to still wire up the aftercooler water pump. Just wire the relay for your aftercooler water pump the same way it tells you to in the instructions. Even though the air pump isn't there anymore, power is still being fed to that air pump relay connector, so you can still use that power source to power your aftercooler water pump. That's the way I have mine setup; I removed my air pump a few months ago.

You will also need to plug off one of the ports coming off the aftercooler that typically has the air pump hose running to it, but you probably already have a plug on your current air intake tube from when you removed your air pump assembly.

you sir! answered my question head on! Thanks man thats exactly what i needed to know and wasn't sure of. Do i need to have the relay there at all or just the plug? and yes i have a Js racing intake currently that doesn't even give you the option for the air pump plug another reason why i removed the pump all together. my CEL is on but it doesn't bother me. but thanks thats great information that i needed to know. but do i even need the relay there still? or just the relay plug to draw the 14V from?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just removed my air pump from my SoS Stage 2 kit (with upgraded heat exchanger)

There's no issues with it.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:36 AM

And this is a factory ap2 2004 with a factory comptech stock kit with RFPR, ESM, stock ecu
Old 02-12-2014, 06:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can take the relay out all together if you want. Just use a male spade connector on the end of the wire that goes to your new water pump relay and shove it into the connector with the white/red wire that you draw the power from.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
You can take the relay out all together if you want. Just use a male spade connector on the end of the wire that goes to your new water pump relay and shove it into the connector with the white/red wire that you draw the power from.
I think the airpump is constantly on though isn't it? I think I remember that from when I was installing my SoS kit.

I'd love to take the wire that's running to the interior fuse box out and just use the air pump's power source.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION SUPERCHARGED S2000 OWNERS