S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Anyone else have issues with the AEM tru boost?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else have issues with the AEM tru boost?

I have the AEM tru boost as my boost controller. It's a really great controller at WOT and sometimes at partial throttle. Other times when I am at partial throttle I can feel the car jerk like I'm hitting the gas hard and then letting off. It's like it's hitting boost then no boost, then boost and no boost. Sometimes it's not so bad but I can hear very small changes in the tone of the exhaust. It's staring to annoy me now. Otherwise my car is running like a champ.

I'm thinking of just buying a manual boost controller and was wondering if this is a good one to get?

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/...ler?category=37

If anyone knows what I should do to stop the surges, please help me out. I have EVERYTHING set up correctly. Maybe I have some values in the boost controller incorrect...

Help me out. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

I wonder if it's trying to creep and the aem cuts boost then the emanage goes in and out with positive pressure going in and out.

Emanage only kicks on while your in positive pressure or boost. If the aem cuts the boost that might cause the emanage and ecu to fight over who's controlling everything
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 PM

I thought the emanage comes into play like my APEXi NEO. It's used in closed loop. (or is it open loop... I'm kinda tired right now...)
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just gonna say that a manual boost controller is not the answer. They are more like a temporary BC until you can get a real EBC. I've used many different ones over the years. They change boost levels with temperature, they're a pain to adjust on the fly, etc
Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Well, the AEM is not cutting it right now... It may be because the temps here are changing EVERY damn day. But I doubt that.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is you car misfiring? Mabe just change the plugs or are you sure its the tru boost?

I ran it, I liked the fact you could change the boost at will, and it matched the gauges in the car pretty good. But I like my cheap dial guage better and running the boost through the AEM.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 AM

My plugs are brand new 1 step colder plugs. No mis fires at all. It runs great except for the little hiccups. I'm 100% sure it's the tru boost. When I turn the gain selection off and just run off the wastegate, it doesn't do this at all. But I only get like 8psi and I was tuned at 10-11.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AFs2k,Apr 24 2010, 01:45 PM
Well, the AEM is not cutting it right now... It may be because the temps here are changing EVERY damn day. But I doubt that.
You are hitting boost cut, and yes temperature variation plays a huge roll in the control.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 AM

Is there a way to up the boost cut on the tru boost? I have the spring set at 8psi, and then the gain to 50 right now which gets me to 10-11. At WOT it's great.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Do you have a 3 bar map sensor (or 4 whatever)? If you're bouncing somewhere between 10-11 psi you may be maxing out the map sensor. From everything I've seen, read, or heard once you go over 10.4psi the stock map sensor is done. If you really are hitting 11psi that might be the problem.

I'm pretty familiar with the AEM Tru boost. It's not a ebc in the way some people think of them. It is really a MANUAL boost controller that can be adjust electronically.

Here's what it says on their website.

AEM’s TRU-BOOST Gauge-Type Controller is an electronic boost controller that combines the simplicity of a manual boost controller with the added ease of adjusting boost levels through a gauge interface.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have issues with the AEM tru boost?