S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Any vortech guys running a larger crank pulley? Also anyone upgraded to T trim blower?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Any vortech guys running a larger crank pulley? Also anyone upgraded to T trim blower?

I thought I was going to sell my S2000 but I have been leaning towards just building it more.

If I keep my S I will be doing a 2.4 oem sleeved stroker over the winter.

I will do low compression so I would like to run more boost. I have been reading about the T and Ti trim and that seems like it would be a good option. 1400 cfm's should really make the car move! I would probably try and go for around 18 psi or so. I'd imagine the blower would need a small pulley to get there so was thinking of getting a larger crank pulley so I don't have to run as small of a sc drive pulley and have slip issues.

Anyone done that?

Either do that or sell my vortech and get a 1200 sos kit. 1200 won't make as much as the t or ti trim but seem to be somewhat close and much easier to swap pulleys on which I am sure I will have to do a bunch of in the beginning to get the right boost and power I would want.

Definitely wanting to get 500+whp. Would think 550whp should be no problem with the 2.4L but maybe I am dreaming haha. Would be on 93 pump.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the Vortech kits have belt slip issues? The kits have the idler pulley for increased belt length and wrap in addition to a crank pulley attachment that's larger than the Comptech or sos. If anything, couldn't you just go with the reichard racing anti slip pulley?

I think I'd just upgrade your current headunit as it probably be the cheapest or you could just pick up the 1200 headunit and bolt it on to your brackets. It's a direct fit.

Then sell your v2 on eBay or here as it'll be an upgrade to the novi 1000 Comptech kits and can easily be bolted on with the sos upgrade plate or the current plate sold currently from the Comptech kits.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kraftwerks it's coming out with a c38 kit soon~~~
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping to run a larger crank pulley before my engine issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by james0933
Do the Vortech kits have belt slip issues? The kits have the idler pulley for increased belt length and wrap in addition to a crank pulley attachment that's larger than the Comptech or sos. If anything, couldn't you just go with the reichard racing anti slip pulley?

I think I'd just upgrade your current headunit as it probably be the cheapest or you could just pick up the 1200 headunit and bolt it on to your brackets. It's a direct fit.

Then sell your v2 on eBay or here as it'll be an upgrade to the novi 1000 Comptech kits and can easily be bolted on with the sos upgrade plate or the current plate sold currently from the Comptech kits.

Yeah i think I will go that route. I don't see the T trim listed on vortechs site anymore. Just the ti trim so not sure if the T is available anymore or not. The ti trim is straight cut gears so much louder I would think. Not sure if the ti trim is also straight cut. Doesn't really matter either way. Car makes all sorts of noises now anyways.
As for belt slip it might not be an issue. I am currently running the 4" pulley with zero issues which makes 12.5 psi. I know some comptech guys can run 2.8" or so and with a good pulley no belt slip. I'd imagine 2.8-3" pulley would net a lot of boost with a vortech kit.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

T-trim Vortech with a standard crank pulley, upgraded bearings and spinning 63,000 rpm with a Reichard Racing 3.2 inch pulley.
Since changing the cam timing to decrease the overlap, the boost has maxed out <22psi. I saw 23.9psi with factory cam timing.
The lower boost is a result of less overlap in the cam timing and so is more power.
Let me know if you are going ahead with it, I'd like to get one too.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also looking for a bigger crank pulley for my 1220 CT kit... mounting issues keep my from going with a smaller blower pulley so im on the search for a crank pulley....

CT makes some but they said 3 weeks for more to come in. Let me know also if you find one... maybe we can get 3 or so made and get a deal?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

You are revving your engine really high right? I will be doing a 2.4 stroker so would probably only rev to a little over 8k I would think so I'd need a bit smaller pulley then you use.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
You are revving your engine really high right? I will be doing a 2.4 stroker so would probably only rev to a little over 8k I would think so I'd need a bit smaller pulley then you use.
wondering who u sending the engine for the built?
what about cylinders? more details?
price n time.
Thx
Old 07-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Not 100% yet if I'm doing it but if. Do it would be the inline pro 2.4 stroker kit with Oem sleeves. Price is around $3700 for the lock I think. And then I'd just do a stage 1 head probably. I would do either 9:1 or 10:1 compression. Not sure which yet.

Quick Reply: Any vortech guys running a larger crank pulley? Also anyone upgraded to T trim blower?