S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Another XPerformance FAIL (BMW DCT Adapter Kit)

Old 08-11-2021, 07:16 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep. I wish I would've used PapPal protection. They ALWAYS side with the buyer. I've also never seen a seller win, which is unfortunate at times. PayPal would've saved my ass here, AND I would've gotten to keep the paperweight lol
Old 08-11-2021, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by timg
I wonder if either of these would be any better. Very different concepts between these two companies.

Domiworks was one of the first BMW DCT swap manufacturers.
https://www.domi-works.com/collectio...ct-adapter-kit

HTG is also one of the original DCT swap companies and makes the controls used by many swappers.
https://htg-tuning.com/shop/f20c-to-gs7-adapter-kit/

I thought Inline Pro also had a DCT swap kit in the works.

Tim
Im actually using the HTG controller for my build paired with a MoTeC M150. Very excited to see how it will work out. As of right now ILP does not make a kit and I'm going to speculate its because they do not want to run into a situation like this with a single mass flywheel destroying transmissions. The DomiWorks stuff isnt bad, but the single mass flywheel does have issues of sheering the input shaft off of the trans, but their flywheel at least stays together. I have ordered myself an ADAMAT Performance flywheel which is a sprung hub as shown below. One of the dudes who got screwed over by X also went with this flywheel and has had no issues since switching over.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaxSorin:
Sobe_Death (08-11-2021), timg (08-15-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 08:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

XPerformance doesn’t do any of their own R&D. They just take parts from other companies and try to replicate them which doesn’t turn out well for the consumers. I also had an issue with an item purchased that didn’t work/fit. After MANY calls I was able to get a refund even though they tried to argue it was an installer error.

InlinePRO makes this swap kit, which is who I believe XPerformance copied. John and his guys are great and they stand behind their products.

Another company I would say to stay away from is Kings Performance. They have fallen apart over the years and I’ve had nothing but headaches dealing with them.
The following users liked this post:
treimche (08-14-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 10:30 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh how surprising, another XPerformance fail. Carlos, the owner is a very good sales man, but that's where it ends. I unfortunately bought the CD009 trans swap kit from him and never got the right driveshaft. I had to have a local driveshaft shop modify the shaft to fit the car. Besides that, there are other fitment problems with their adapter plate and hardware for the kit. All these guys do is copy other shops' parts and call them their own, without testing any of it. I would be livid if their DCT trans crap ruined a transmission. You know damn well they won't stand behind any of it. Go with a RELIABLE shop like Inline Pro instead.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:14 AM

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by treimche
Oh how surprising, another XPerformance fail. Carlos, the owner is a very good sales man, but that's where it ends. I unfortunately bought the CD009 trans swap kit from him and never got the right driveshaft. I had to have a local driveshaft shop modify the shaft to fit the car. Besides that, there are other fitment problems with their adapter plate and hardware for the kit. All these guys do is copy other shops' parts and call them their own, without testing any of it. I would be livid if their DCT trans crap ruined a transmission. You know damn well they won't stand behind any of it. Go with a RELIABLE shop like Inline Pro instead.
Are you currently running their cd009 kit? I have it in my car. I'm pretty sure the dowel pins are not properly aligned to make the transmission shaft perfectly even with the flywheel. It has some pretty bad harmonics above 5500 rpm. Do you have have the same harmonics or is it smooth to redline?
Old 08-19-2021, 06:20 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Charper732
Are you currently running their cd009 kit? I have it in my car. I'm pretty sure the dowel pins are not properly aligned to make the transmission shaft perfectly even with the flywheel. It has some pretty bad harmonics above 5500 rpm. Do you have have the same harmonics or is it smooth to redline?
I am running their CD009 swap. The dowel pins they include didn't even fit in their adapter plate. I had to bore out the holes in the plate to get the dowel pins to work. I don't notice any weird harmonics above 5500rpm but then again with how loud the transmission is, and how much the car vibrates from stiffer mounts, its hard to tell.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:06 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

ADAMAT's kit looks very nice. I wonder how the springs will hold up given how tough the S2000 is on factory clutch disks.

Looks like there is a second option for a dual mass flywheel, but only for the K20/K24 and not yet the F20C. Domiworks has just released this:

I also wonder whether a Fluidampr would help knock down a lot of these vibrations before they become a problem in the transmission.

Tim
Old 08-20-2021, 09:35 PM
Duy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m going down the DCT road also with my K24 S2k. From the research that I’ve done it appears that Domi works have just released a DM flywheel set up. I believe Mr Moss is testing this as we speak.

I’m interested to see how all this develops in the near future. The HTG controller is currently the only one of the market I can control the transmissions.

I always wondered why people would not just run an ECU that talks to the OEM TCU gearbox? I believe the TCU needs to be flashed and tuned before this can work. It appears that MaxxECU can communicate with the OEM TCU.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:22 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

MaxxECU has everything needed to run the S2000 temp gauge and crank/cam patterns and will run the BWM DCT too. You will need to use the BMW shifter though. If I were doing a DCT swap, that's where I would start. The MAxxECU Race would be the minimum level you would want from their ECU series.
The following 2 users liked this post by timg:
Duy (08-21-2021), Sobe_Death (08-21-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 06:25 AM

@timg , I have a fluidampr on my car and the rotating assembly is 100% balanced. Personally I still wouldn't have risked using that flywheel (Xperformance.) The DomiWorks flywheel was undergoing testing this past weekend by ASMotorsports and I believe it was kind of successful. I don't want to say too much because im not 100% sure, but I believe it did not break any clutch baskets in the trans, but the dual mass flywheel itself was having issues.
@Duy , I am using a MoTeC M150. It's the best ECU money can buy and it gives my tuner and I limitless control over the engine. The MoTeC traction control is the BEST in the world. I also have a C127 dash that communicated with the M150 flawlessly. On the GCU side of control... Think of MAXXEcu as something like Hondata while HTG is its own standalone. MAXXEcu is almost like a piggy back that has "some" control over the trans, while HTG has FULL TOTAL control. This is why you see people with HTG making 800+WTQ on the stock clutches. More control = more clutch pressure.
And a little update: I was able to get the ADAMAT flywheel installed this past weekend. My buddies and I got the transmission into the car. This thing weighs ~184lbs. Not an easy task lol. The trans tunnel required some mild pounding with a hammer to get the trans to fit, but its very mild. Luckily I used an air hammer with a compressor and it took a couple minutes. All thats left for me is a driveshaft and soon my car will be on the road!

The following users liked this post:
timg (08-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Another XPerformance FAIL (BMW DCT Adapter Kit)