S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Another XPerformance FAIL (BMW DCT Adapter Kit)

Old 08-10-2021, 06:06 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Another XPerformance FAIL (BMW DCT Adapter Kit)

I have already posted about this on the "Boosted S2000" Facebook page, but also decided to make a forum post that would be a little more permanent in that sense on the internet. Anybody whose been around the boosted s2000 platform knows that the weakest points lie within drivetrain. Both the transmission and differential are made out of glass. Many people already know about the Xperfomance Ford 8.8 kit literally snapping and dismounting from the car, you can do your own research on that topic. Now I already had my diff solution so I needed a transmission solution for my 1000+whp car. I had been following the BMW DCT swaps in drift cars for quite a while and was extremely intrigued. The transmission comes out of any BMW inline 6 car with a DCT ie. F80/82 M3/M4 BMW 335IS, BMW 135IS. These transmissions are made by GETRAG and the gears are basically indestructible. If anyone has been on facebook for any amount of time you will see Justin Duke constantly promoting their Xperformance products on all the s2000 pages. I was looking to purchase a swap kit, which includes adapter plate and flywheel. I had noticed that Xperformance was one of the first companies to have one on the market and was posting about it on Facebook. I purchased the kit on March 16, 2021. The kit in total was $1300. The adapter plate is $550, and the flywheel is $750. Its now august and I am finalizing the build on my car. It seems as if they have sold a total of 4 DCT swap kits. Of those 4, 2 have been installed and have FAILED. The failure happens in 2 ways. 1. The flywheel bolts become loose and destroy the transmission from the clutch basket flywheel and 2. The single mass flywheel paired with engine harmonics of a 4 cylinder literally SHEER the input shaft off of the transmission. After seeing a 100% failure rate, I kindly reached out to Justin asking for a partial refund of $500 out of the full $750 on the flywheel. The response I got was "Sorry bro no refunds once the parts are open and have been installed." To which I responded "haven't been installed, unused." I then went on to show them evidence of the flywheels failing and destroying transmissions to which I got to response. On top of all this, I had paid with PayPal friends and family which means I cannot start a claim against them. Images of destroyed flywheels, transmissions, and messages are included below. These guys sold the S2000 community UNTESTED defective products that they will NOT stand behind. *Note that my flywheel is still BRAND new. After seeing the images below of other peoples' premature failure I NEVER installed my flywheel and they would not take a return on it. I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. There are many instances of these guys blaming their own failed products on other people. Unfortunate but there's

Flywheel bolts come loose and the flywheel self destructs

After the bolts come loose they grind the trans cover

Single mass flywheel harmonics destroying input baskets

First Attempt reaching out to them

First response, to which I show them evidence of the flywheels failing

Response continued. Clearly I wanted to work something out before going to social media....

I only got a response AFTER I posted my information and review onto facebook.
not much I can do anymore.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:58 AM

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts

Sorry to hear. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I've never heard of these guys.

It's always, ALWAYS, worth the extra few bucks to not pay with friends and family. All that does is totally expose the buyer in situations like this.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:08 AM

99% of the time I always pay the small 3% fee. 100% on me that I didnt this time around. I believe they had even asked me to use F&F, so I did. I thought I could trust a shop but unfortunately that wasn't the case here.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:29 AM

Received 631 Likes on 431 Posts

I was seeing their rear diff kits failing too.....literally splitting diff housings
Old 08-10-2021, 08:53 AM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry to hear that happened. I will tell you from personal experience that paypal is not as good as it once used to be. They favor the seller 9 times out of 10. In the past it was not like this. hope you get it resolved.

P.S personally I would not put any bmw parts on my honda. lol
Old 08-10-2021, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty bad business, feel sorry for ya bro and thanks for the heads up, will definitely warn my friends about it.

PS Personally, I wouldn't do paypal friends/family no matter what. If the business asks for that, it's pretty obvious what their intention is.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a shame, as I was planning on using their adapter to fit the ZF 6-speed. If they're this bad on customer service, I'll look elsewhere
Old 08-10-2021, 07:17 PM

@Sobe_Death Definitely talk to John over at InlinePro. The service is unreal and the products are all top notch. I believe Joe Ferrari on Facebook is running his kit and loves it so far. Here’s some videos he posted of it in the car!
Old 08-11-2021, 04:36 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I wonder if either of these would be any better. Very different concepts between these two companies.

Domiworks was one of the first BMW DCT swap manufacturers.
https://www.domi-works.com/collectio...ct-adapter-kit
https://www.domi-works.com/collectio...ct-adapter-kit

HTG is also one of the original DCT swap companies and makes the controls used by many swappers.
https://htg-tuning.com/shop/f20c-to-gs7-adapter-kit/

I thought Inline Pro also had a DCT swap kit in the works.

Tim
Old 08-11-2021, 05:22 AM

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by umair
Sorry to hear that happened. I will tell you from personal experience that paypal is not as good as it once used to be. They favor the seller 9 times out of 10. In the past it was not like this. hope you get it resolved.

P.S personally I would not put any bmw parts on my honda. lol
This is 100% false. The company I work for has a fair bit of transactions that run through PayPal. I work for a large, reputable business. The business' success rate at defending customer claims is 0%. The business has had instances where the customer files a claim stating they didn't receive the product AFTER sending an email stating they received it quickly. We provided this support (along with sales and shipping confirmations) and STILL PayPal ruled in favor of the customer. Unbelievable. PayPal is very BUYER friendly. Unfortunately with F&F you have no recourse.

Quick Reply: Another XPerformance FAIL (BMW DCT Adapter Kit)