S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Another MP62 SOT Kit

Old 04-05-2009 | 03:37 PM

Default Another MP62 SOT Kit

SOT MP62 kit installed by SXM
AEM EMS w/wideband gauge
RC650's w/OEM clip plugs
Walbro pump
Inline Pro fuel rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure gauge
Custom A/C lines

AEM UEGO

Motor pics

A/C lines

Inline Pro fuel rail

Front view under hood

Old 04-05-2009 | 04:11 PM

Dyno?? :-) Amazing Set-up!! your turn for a full Write up review :-D
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:15 PM
Former Moderator
20 Year Member

Tell them to clean the AC dye off the intake hose
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Apr 5 2009, 04:15 PM

Tell them to clean the AC dye off the intake hose
Ha.....actually thats from a defective valve assembly from the guy who made it. It took us a minute to figure out why it wouldn't take a charge on the lowside at all. Basically there were two male schrader valves on each other and it wasn't working out. We put the dye in initially because it wouldnt hold a vacuum thinking we'd find a leak.
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:22 PM
Former Moderator
20 Year Member

It looks like they have made a few changes from the last beta car I've seen. (neptuner's) The aftercooler radiator is narrower, and the discharge housing on the SC looks different.
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by DeadZero,Apr 5 2009, 04:11 PM
Dyno?? :-) Amazing Set-up!! your turn for a full Write up review :-D
I didnt get the sheet from SXM. Prelimenary reporst are around 310ish on their Dyno Dynamics. My clutch was slipping and they mentioned having to piece two pulls to get the numbers. So I dont really know. I have to go by there tomorrow so i will see if they have one for me and if they took any vids of dyno tuning in progress. I hope to be able to post numbers and video very soon. I know everyone wants to see it, sorry about that for now. Stay tuned.

It's pretty damn fun to be honest with you. The torque and responsiveness is where it needs to be in this car. The sound will make you smile from ear to ear. I have to save up and decide on a clutch setup now. I havent done a dumped full out hammer down run yet and dont intend to until i upgrade my clutch. I cant imagine how nice and fun it will be to be able to use the full potential of the setup. Right now i am just rolling into full throttle pulls through the gears. 1st to 4th pulls like that are wonderfull and come at much faster pace.

I love the reliability factor and virtually maintenence free operation of the MP62. It's a tight fit in there now, but the SOT guys make a pretty nice kit IMO. SXM also took really good care of the install and tuning. They treated it like it was one of their own.

The first night home i had a RX8 that was wanting to play, but it just didnt work out. It's a much more respectable car on the street now. Now i just need to get some seat time and become familiar.
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Apr 5 2009, 04:22 PM
It looks like they have made a few changes from the last beta car I've seen. (neptuner's) The aftercooler radiator is narrower, and the discharge housing on the SC looks different.
Yes they were trying a few new small things that the beta found either more functional or better appearance.

The discharge housing is a different unit. Not from SOT. Fits very nicely and has produced better torque.
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by roy365,Apr 5 2009, 04:32 PM
The first night home i had a RX8 that was wanting to play, but it just didnt work out. It's a much more respectable car on the street now. Now i just need to get some seat time and become familiar.
yea, as you start making more power you start losing interest in racing people who arn't worth the wasted gas hahah But thats ME! once you have all that extra power you have to be naturally more responsible too.
Old 04-05-2009 | 05:11 PM

Welcome to the SOT kit club. Your install looks great. Congrats.
Old 04-05-2009 | 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by roy365,Apr 5 2009, 06:32 PM
are around 310ish on their Dyno Dynamics.
There was actually one run where we went close to 100% throttle just before reline.

Slowly rolled the RPMs up there to keep the clutch from slipping.

and you actually made ~3more FT-lbs then I did at reline once all environmental correction factors were removed from your pulls and mine.

The equivalent amount of power can be contributed to the AEM performing the fuel/timing instead of the Greddy ult despite you still having the cat on the car.

Your psi also wer ein teh 7-7.25 psi range.
once you uncork that exhaust ( cat less) the PSI will go down whiel flow and power go up

Once you get your TP and your clutch in you will be making more power then I do at all rpms..... that is until I put the 135mm crank on and get my new clutch installed.

Quick Reply: Another MP62 SOT Kit