S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS, What does it NOT do

Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ArinX,

Check the ignition timing and set the throttle range.
Make sure you get it tuned, don't drive around on a base map any longer than you need to get to the dyno.

roi,
Modifry makes a product that effectively gives you control of the coolant temperature gauge on the dash for <$100. As per the last software update, this is still not resolved by AEM. Most use an external coolant temperature gauge.

AEM will not:
-tune out the noise coming from your significant other's larynx as well as a nice set of commercial earmuffs
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 02 feedback will work on your stock narrowband afr, which means you need to get the wideband and connect to your aem ems in order for you to get a better reading of what your car is doing.

aem also has interface for EGT sensor, as well as 40 other safety feature built into it, which is all based on setting the limits and telling it to back off a bit when you hit those limits.

it also looks at the water temp too, but egt would be the best way to go.

water temp sensor does work, it'll monitor it and datalog it. i'm sure, all you have to do is just go buy a water temp gauge and hook it up to aem ems.

there are secondary wiring functions as well, where you could make any of the cluster cel light to function as a shift light, so when you hit the redline that cel light will come on.

you could do a lot more things with aem ems, it's just that people don't do it because it gets complicated after a while.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Asura,Mar 5 2008, 09:06 AM
ArinX,

Check the ignition timing and set the throttle range.
Make sure you get it tuned, don't drive around on a base map any longer than you need to get to the dyno.

roi,
Modifry makes a product that effectively gives you control of the coolant temperature gauge on the dash for <$100. As per the last software update, this is still not resolved by AEM. Most use an external coolant temperature gauge.

AEM will not:
-tune out the noise coming from your significant other's larynx as well as a nice set of commercial earmuffs
thank you, appreciate it. Plan is to slap it on and head over to Shawn at church for tuning.

Just hope i install it correctly so it doesnt cost me extra time over there.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Sorry to be off topic but I did not want to start a new thread. I will be upgrading from an emanage to the AEM this spring. I currently have a AEM UEGO gauge type wide band. How do I hook it up to the EMS for data logging?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Shftat9k,Mar 5 2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry to be off topic but I did not want to start a new thread. I will be upgrading from an emanage to the AEM this spring. I currently have a AEM UEGO gauge type wide band. How do I hook it up to the EMS for data logging?
The gauge will have to have a output that you connect to EMS. It will not only log the data, but it can use the data to auto tune the car using a closed loop.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Stratocaster is that a harness that I can buy from AEM? Does there have to be an external controller or would the non uego ems be capable?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Anyone can describe how to connect AEM UEGO gauge type wideband to a non UEGO EMS?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure, connect the 5V signal out from the UEGO to the 02#1 (C16 on 1012). You will need to calibrate the EMS to accept the signal and read it properly.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 PM

alright so i read through this thread and some others, but i still havent seen my answer ( probably in here somewhere though).. my maintenance required light came on after i got onto the highway. my question is how do i find out what the light means with the ems?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:08 AM

that's reset through the dash since it's just triggered by mileage. I forget how to reset it off the top of my head but you can find it in a search.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS, What does it NOT do