S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS, What does it NOT do

Old 08-23-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna challenge #1, and say that it can technicaly tune itself. If you have a wideband then you can set a certain AF target range where the EMS will set and adjust the fuel to hit that certain AF target. Also it has a Barometer that measures the outside conditions and adjusts things accordingly.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:25 AM

does ems adjust itself to tempartures and conditions or would you have to do another map? i'm new to this and i'm about to FI soon. this thread is worth looking at.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:10 AM

I will be absolutely happy with the AEM EMS if I can download the log quicker and download it while the engine is running.
Other than that it's fairly good beside a few minor glitches.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Aug 23 2005, 10:32 AM
[1]It will not tune it'self
[2]ODBII Output (1)
[3]Dash Gauge (Water Temp) does not function (2)
[4]Can't issue DTC. Or light the CEL light.
[5]No Immobilizer Security
[6]Emissions Stuff (EVAP)
I think I got it now. At least what everyone is getting at.

1.It can but is limited to user input.
2.Nope doesn't have it.
3.ECT fix by Modifry
4.It does have a warning feature that can be programmed that will light the CEL.
5.Nope not there. You can always rig up a small electrical link in line that is not noticeable to take with you so they don't run off with the car. Make it after the box and you can be good to go. Just remember to take it out when you leave the car.
6.No EVAP

I am getting my car back soon so this stuff is good to know.

My question?

1.If the immobilizer doesn't work what about the honk when you lock the doors? Will it still honk? At least to give a warning that you locked the car. Like it helps but it will make them think twice (at least for the newbies).

-Chris
Old 08-24-2005, 07:09 AM

Yes, my car still honks as it locks the door with the remote and an EMS !
Old 08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabuy,Aug 24 2005, 09:37 AM

1.If the immobilizer doesn't work what about the honk when you lock the doors? Will it still honk? At least to give a warning that you locked the car. Like it helps but it will make them think twice (at least for the newbies).

Immobilizer is seperate from the Keyless entry system. Keyless or security if your car had it dealer installed will still work.

SRS, EPS, ABS all still function like stock. Communicating with those control units isn't very straightforward.

The Honda scan tools out there 1st communicate via OBDII before being able to switch menu's to communicate with another system via the Data link connector.

So to pull a DTC on a SRS, EPS, or ABS you have to "hot swap" the tester. To hot swap, you need to plug it in to a stock car and establish coms via OBDII. Then you can switch systems and run the diagnostics for the other systems. (pull/clear DTC's, and datastream)
Old 08-24-2005, 05:59 PM

Please take off the #4 spot, "Can't issue DTC. Or light the CEL light."
Old 08-24-2005, 06:11 PM

because it can issue a CEL and let you see the CEL long before the factory ECU would let you...say in conditions of hard knock.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Aug 24 2005, 09:11 PM
because it can issue a CEL and let you see the CEL long before the factory ECU would let you...say in conditions of hard knock.
It has to be programed to light the CEL (check engine Light) but from what I understand, It will not like the stock ECU, post a DTC and light the light. So for all real world uses, it does not.

Now it is a computer, and as such you can program it to generate a CEL. But how many actually program all the stock DTCs? I will note that you can program the CEL to light, but the DTC are strickly if you program the EMS to generate it. otherwise, out of the box it does not. correct?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:15 PM

It wont store them.

That's not a fair arguement since the AEM won't start your car either out of the box. It takes about 10 seconds to set up the CEL and conditions.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS, What does it NOT do