S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS V2 vs Haltech PnP

Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM EMS V2 vs Haltech PnP

So I'll start out by saying my knowledge of FI is small and my knowledge of tuning devices is even less...

From my understanding the Haltech PnP will still leave the user with the capabilities to check CELs since it uses the factory sensors, but that you can't connect and OBDII reader (i'm assuming you need to connect a laptop). Assuming this won't pass emissions

The AEM EMS V2 does not use factory sensors. One benefit for me would be using it with the AEM serial gauge which gives you tons of features including boost pressure and A/F.

TBH I haven't heard anything negative from the Haltech users but I do hear some random, weird, and dangerous quirks from AEM users.

Since you guys know a ton more than me, which one in your experience is better for a S/C set up? what are the pros/cons of each?

I'll be going to Evans Tuning but I'm not sure which one they prefer (I sent a PM but didn't get an answer)
Old 03-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both are great ems's, and i do believe the aem uses factory sensors bc i have it and havnt changed any sensors, evans was speaking very highly about the haltec when i was there, give him a call and he will steer u in the right directon
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM

aem uses oem sensors...

haltech is Australian madness. if you have any problems with the ecu itself, get ready to buy a calling card and stay up till 1 am so you can call those jackasses over there in new south wales.

I have run haltech before, and i will never go back because of the amount of trouble and hassle you have just trying to troubleshoot the damn thing if you dont have a tuner as your BFF.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM

the haltech pnp also uses OEM sensors.

ran it in my car and it was great.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Anymore opinions
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing
aem uses oem sensors...

haltech is Australian madness. if you have any problems with the ecu itself, get ready to buy a calling card and stay up till 1 am so you can call those jackasses over there in new south wales.

I have run haltech before, and i will never go back because of the amount of trouble and hassle you have just trying to troubleshoot the damn thing if you dont have a tuner as your BFF.
They have support in the USA now. A few years ago they were based in Australia primarily but now they have an office in the US.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by macdaddies911
Anymore opinions
I Was recently asking myself the same question you are.

After reading through countless threads, I saw one common point. Ask your tuner what they are most comfortable with for your setup.

I was leaning towards the Haltech to begin with, but Jeff reinforced my decision. He spoke very highly of the Haltech unit when I inquired into it and said it works very well on the s2000.

With his customer service being as good as it is, I think the choice should be rather simple
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Originally Posted by macdaddies911' timestamp='1330998548' post='21480069
Anymore opinions
I Was recently asking myself the same question you are.

After reading through countless threads, I saw one common point. Ask your tuner what they are most comfortable with for your setup.

I was leaning towards the Haltech to begin with, but Jeff reinforced my decision. He spoke very highly of the Haltech unit when I inquired into it and said it works very well on the s2000.

With his customer service being as good as it is, I think the choice should be rather simple
Since I will be going to Jeff that makes me feel very good in my decision. I bought a Haltech PnP
Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by macdaddies911
So I'll start out by saying my knowledge of FI is small and my knowledge of tuning devices is even less...

From my understanding the Haltech PnP will still leave the user with the capabilities to check CELs since it uses the factory sensors, but that you can't connect and OBDII reader (i'm assuming you need to connect a laptop). Assuming this won't pass emissions

The AEM EMS V2 does not use factory sensors. One benefit for me would be using it with the AEM serial gauge which gives you tons of features including boost pressure and A/F.

TBH I haven't heard anything negative from the Haltech users but I do hear some random, weird, and dangerous quirks from AEM users.

Since you guys know a ton more than me, which one in your experience is better for a S/C set up? what are the pros/cons of each?

I'll be going to Evans Tuning but I'm not sure which one they prefer (I sent a PM but didn't get an answer)
Both are only as good as the individual installing and tuning them. They both work very well. The only issues with the AEM EMS uses factory sensors and the only random, weird and dangerous quirks I have seen is from inexperienced users/tuners.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use AEM, had series 1 in my srt4 and v2 on my s2k. I love it, car drives like stock.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS V2 vs Haltech PnP