S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS map collection

Old 06-18-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS map collection

I think it would be a great resource if we made an online collection of AEM EMS maps for s2000 with various mods. The AEM forum has nothing useful. I have map for my Comptech car that was tuned by AEM engineers and will post it if someone tells me how and where. In the mean time, I'll post mine at the AEM forum.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll be posting mine there this weekend.

Tim
Old 06-19-2005, 12:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I be interested in an 11-12psi Comptech sc map. Depending on how close the setup is to mine, I'd be willing to throw some bones someone's way. The trip to the tuner's is 100 miles one way. It'd be great if I had a base map thereby allowing me to install as much of the hardware(injectors, ems, pulley, etc) before making the trip.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great idea guys.I understand that some uf spend some big $ on the tuning, but it will not bring your $ back if you do not share right?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The MAPs are specific for each car and generally are not interchangeable. There are many variables like backpressure, components, fuel, etc. that copying someone elses MAP could easily end up frying your engine. Get your AEM EMS tuned by a competent tuner and enjoy.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:03 AM

Here is a cautionary tale: My car was tuned by AEM with Spugen exhaust insalled. Later, I replaced the Spugen with stock exhaust. After the swap, datalogs showed slight knock which required pulling timing in a couple cells. The change was simple enough, but I would not have known about the knock if I didn't examine the datalogs. Since then, I have programmed a knock warning light.

I agree with Sideways, caution is required. Blindly copying fuel/timing maps will nuke your engine. Example: I have cool weather and Sunoco 94 octane here in Michigan and Ohio, so I can run more timing for better off-boost drivability. If I took my car to AZ or CA, where 91 octane garbage is the norm, I would need to spend a lot of time retuning or my engine would detonate to death within days.

However, I think much can be learned from looking at the maps of others, especially with regards to software settings such as starting, idle, traction control, knock control, etc. I am especially interested to see how others are handling idle and starting, as I have minor issues there.

Jacub2000 makes a great point: Hoarding knowledge (and maps), does not help anyone. To my knowledge, none of us are professional racers, so we have nothing to lose by helping others to go faster.

FS2k, I don't think it's wise to drive 100 miles on an untuned 11-12psi Comptech. IMHO, 11-12psi on a s2000 is on the hairy edge. Luckily, the Comptech does very little at low rpm, so you can limp to the tuner. If you have WB02 and know the AEM software well enough, you could use my map as a baseline, retard timing a but and set redline at 5k to drive to your tuner without boost.

I just posted here:
http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewto...?p=78290#78290
Old 06-19-2005, 06:27 AM

Good points, all. E-Heezy(been turbo'd for about 2 yrs) was at the house last night and we talked about some concerns. One point was the exhaust and how different exhausts/testpipes make a difference.

Perhaps I might have to install the injectors and and EMS onsite and drive with the sc belt off.

Back on-topic, as I stated earlier, I would have no problem shelling out a few clams if someone's map provided us a decent starting point.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:13 AM

What pulley are you running now? If it's 4" or larger, my map may be close enough to get you started. It's easy to retard timing, but you'll want to watch the WB02 to ensure you don't run lean. If you blindly crank up the fuel, you may foul your cat and O2 sensor.

FYI, I have a 3.5" steel ASP pulley that I'll be installing soon. I just got my WB02 running, so maybe this week. I'm expecting about 10psi and 320-330rwhp with otherwise stock car.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:07 AM

This is a horrible idea. Too many people are gonna just download one of these maps and just run with them without ever going to a tuner. You guys are simply underestimating people.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:20 AM

^ Maybe some folks will, but you gotta hope that if someone spent upwards of $2k for EMS, wideband, gauges and another $5k+ on a sc setup and upgrades that they'd have enough sense to have it professionally tuned. If not, then they probably have enough dough to rebuild it when they blow it up.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS map collection