S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS Install and What Else?

Old 12-31-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick32' date='Dec 31 2008, 03:03 AM
yes i think $850 is a little high for a ems install and tune.. id say right around $600 would be a good figure
850 is crazy talk. first, it takes about 10 minutes to physicaly install the box. maybe 30 minutes if your routing the wideband thru the firewall. then, it takes about 10 total minutes to calibrate the timing. so we have at most one hour of labor here at a generous 100 bucks. then, you can get a 2 hour tune for the car with dyno time for under 400. the MAX anyone should spend is 500 bucks for install and tune of aem ems.

good luck i am very pleased with my ems. by the way, the modifry ect is great if your not gonna do a serial gauge, but i would highly reccomend a serial gauge, since you get up to 19 peices of data to monitor in one gauge! its bad F'N ASS! i almost want to put a second one in so one is on wideband all the time and the other can be one whatever i feel like looking at
Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at that gauge and thought it might be nice.

I will have all switches, WB and everything prerun and labeled before I show up. They are including $100 for the air temperature sensor to weld in a bung into the intercooler piping, for the sensor and the pigtail. This would also include hooking up and tuning with the boost controller and a HB and LB setting.

I planned on installing the unit and wiring it myself but I do not have the 4th ECM plug nor a calibration file.

Thank being said who is going to be in KC and wants to do some tuning?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:23 PM

So, I started thinking about it and I would love to have oil pressure and temperature senders. Can I set them up in the EMS for display on the gauge? If so can I set up some type of warning if the OP gets to low or OT gets too high?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:23 PM
So, I started thinking about it and I would love to have oil pressure and temperature senders. Can I set them up in the EMS for display on the gauge? If so can I set up some type of warning if the OP gets to low or OT gets too high?
You can monitor fuel pressure, oil pressure, exhaust pressure, clutchline pressure (for 2 step and flat shifting), crankcase pressure, etc via the AEM serial gauge. You have to purchase the additional pressure transducers that AEM sells. For fuel and oil pressure i would recommend using the 0-150psi pressure transducers, as they give a good usable range. They have a 5 volt reference, ground and signal wire. The AEM outputs 2 spare 5 volt reference wires, as well as ground. You can wire each pressure transducer to a "common" 5 volt and ground pins, or seperate. The signal input wires from the pressure transducers go to either of the three available 0-5 volt inputs. Once you have everything installed and wired, you can monitor the voltages from the pressure transducers in the aem pro software. Depending on what 0-5 volt inputs you used, you set the 'telemetry" serial output for those inputs. The serial gauge receives the information via voltages, and you have to configure the gauge pro software to convert the voltage to pressure. Once that is programmed you can set the software for a "min" and "max" for each channel with a warning. Its a bit complex, but AEM can support what you are looking to do. I set alot of s2000 and NSXs up like this with the serial gauges. You can also wire in other spare sensors like oil temp, egt, spare air temp, etc and have it display on the serial gauge. The temp sensors are a bit more complicated because you have to add a 2.2k ohm pull up resistor between the 5 volt reference wire and signal input to the EMS.

Hope that helps answer your question.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not that easy. You need to remove the stock ECU. Then fannagle your ems in the tight spot. plug the wires in and attempt to mount it with the crap tape they send ya. Routing an O2 sensor is fairly easy if you just use the stock inputs on the EMS. Of course removing the other sensor and routing the wire under the car can take a little time to do properly. There are quite a few things that need to be looked at with installs. The tune shouldn't be more then 400 bucks thats at 3 hours, and depending on what you want your settings at could only take an hour.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 PM

Boosted Hybrid, are you going to be in Kansas City anytime soon?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boosted Hybrid, are you going to be in Kansas City anytime soon?
Unfortunately I will not be. I used to travel to tune alot to AZ and HI a few years back, but things are busy around the shop so I have stopped traveling. If modified performance is still in business I would possibly speak with them about tuning. I believe they are in Kansas City.