S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spectacle,Jul 29 2009, 08:05 PM
After talking to some builders/tuners I decided to go Kpro.

I ended catching a hell of a deal on clubrsx.com for a used kpro PRB ecu so that made everything a little cheaper as far as getting all the necessary parts together to make it work. The AEM is cheaper but takes a much more experienced tuner to get to the state of driveability that the Kpro seems to do that much easier. I've played around in the Kmanager and it looks very very straight forward, can't speak for the AEM software.

Another point - how many people have reported their car not having that "stock like" driveability with AEM then switched to Kpro and could instantly tell the difference. That's the selling/driving point for me. I don't want my car to drive like a weekend racer with all kinds of little quirks and funky habits (taking hella long to turnover on initial start, acting different in different climates/elevations, etc.) Can the AEM be setup to be just as "driveable" as Kpro? Certainly. But that depends on the competency of the tuner and for me, its easier to find a good Kpro tuner than AEM.

Hope that helps.
Thats hot, these pics should be posted in the hotties section
Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

it was easy for me.. for the pirce of a new AEM.. say 1150 installed plus the extra tuning just to get it running good would be almost the same amount of money of buying a k-pro.. with a k-pro i think you would save your self some tuning time.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle,Jul 30 2009, 08:31 AM
You do know what forum you're posting in right?
Yes , i know exactly what forum this is thankyou much ! The op is running a supercharger , NOT A TURBO
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spectacle,Jul 30 2009, 07:31 AM
You do know what forum you're posting in right?
Sooo have you gotten you KPro setup running yet, and who are you taking it to?

I know we cant get any better than Mase, but hes a long drive for me when im in town, so I was lookin for a place that could atleast start the job and maybe id go to him to fine tune it out.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Aug 10 2009, 04:48 PM
Sooo have you gotten you KPro setup running yet, and who are you taking it to?

I know we cant get any better than Mase, but hes a long drive for me when im in town, so I was lookin for a place that could atleast start the job and maybe id go to him to fine tune it out.
Not running yet. Ran into a little snag swapping out the TDC sensor on the exhaust cam that kind of brought things to a grinding halt. Kpro will be running on my car (in NA form) by the end of the week. I'll run the AP1 basemap until the car goes to Mase for the kit install and tune at (hopefully) the end of this month.

Once its in and running I'll post up and let you know what I think.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 10 2009, 06:53 PM
Not running yet. Ran into a little snag swapping out the TDC sensor on the exhaust cam that kind of brought things to a grinding halt. Kpro will be running on my car (in NA form) by the end of the week. I'll run the AP1 basemap until the car goes to Mase for the kit install and tune at (hopefully) the end of this month.

Once its in and running I'll post up and let you know what I think.

Sounds good! Do you do this all yourself or do you use any local shops?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Started doing it myself, now the car is at one of the best Honda shops in town http://www.lhtperformance.net/
Old 08-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Spec, is the snag that it's a reverse thread bolt?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a competant aem tuner then it is not a problem to get it running right. It sure is a hell of a lot cheaper than kpro.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 10 2009, 09:42 PM
Started doing it myself, now the car is at one of the best Honda shops in town http://www.lhtperformance.net/
Ahh good to see a reference, one guy I trust pointed me in their direction, but im usually really cautious when choosing a new shop. I havnt worked with them yet, but who knows, when I make it back to the eastcoast, ill definitely be looking. Maybe good place for a base setup?

I definitely wanna see Mace for the actual hardcore tune!

Quick Reply: AEM EMS