S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS

Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM EMS

I have been doing alot of google and "search" time in order to help me decide on Kpro or AEM.

I understand, to a reasonable degree, of what each one can and can not do.

My main questions are for the AEM...

1. I read that it can pick up and throw a light for knock, can it also detect mis fires? What is the limitations to where yuo can program aem to throw a light?

2. Does the AEM have a wider range of parameters it can adjust vs the Kpro.

3. With the right tune, can the AEM be made just as easy and reliable as OEM day to day drivability?

I was more inclined for Kpro, but with AEM prices going as low as $1,000 for a NIB 1052U AEM vs 1700 for kpro with all parts and install, im seriously torn now, more in the directio of AEM. Not gonna give up the sources are they asked me to keep them anon
Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u live in cali, i think wiht kpro you can have less aggravation with the mod patrol, ie emissions. aem will def fail the obd2 port test. kpro i am pretty sure will pass.

otherwise, if emissions doesnt matter, i would save the money and do aem ems. either can perform well daily driving with a good tune.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After talking to some builders/tuners I decided to go Kpro.

I ended catching a hell of a deal on clubrsx.com for a used kpro PRB ecu so that made everything a little cheaper as far as getting all the necessary parts together to make it work. The AEM is cheaper but takes a much more experienced tuner to get to the state of driveability that the Kpro seems to do that much easier. I've played around in the Kmanager and it looks very very straight forward, can't speak for the AEM software.

Another point - how many people have reported their car not having that "stock like" driveability with AEM then switched to Kpro and could instantly tell the difference. That's the selling/driving point for me. I don't want my car to drive like a weekend racer with all kinds of little quirks and funky habits (taking hella long to turnover on initial start, acting different in different climates/elevations, etc.) Can the AEM be setup to be just as "driveable" as Kpro? Certainly. But that depends on the competency of the tuner and for me, its easier to find a good Kpro tuner than AEM.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

yaa... if im gonna do it, then might as well spend couple extra dollars and do it right. KPRO!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i would think as you live in Cali, that the choice would be easy... Emissions
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats the big deal with throwing in the stock injectors and ecu to get a sticker every 2 years ? Its really not a big issue unless youre turbo charged . As far as an ems is concerned , get a good tuner and it WILL run like stock ! I love hondata and run an s300 in my racecar , but for the s2k its WAY overpriced and to return to stock is a huge pain in the ass !
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya.. definitely do kpro.. its worth the few extra bills so you dont have to take apart your setup just to get the sticker
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Kyushin, did you give up on the AEM FIC?

I have an AEM EMS and I'd go for the Kpro, personally.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by joes sled 2000,Jul 29 2009, 11:31 PM
Its really not a big issue unless youre turbo charged .
You do know what forum you're posting in right?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CKit,Jul 29 2009, 10:43 PM
Kyushin, did you give up on the AEM FIC?

I have an AEM EMS and I'd go for the Kpro, personally.
Im going to give up on it soon here, seems no one has been able to smooth it out and AEM doesnt seem to support it at all. Its been running semi-well for me, it tunes out the AFRs how I want them, but has that dumb hiccup on the 4-5k rpm range. Some tuners have told me to remove the ESM and the FPR, but there was a member here who did that and the FIC gave him extreme fuel wash. So I figure the price of a Kpro and install is slightly cheaper then a new engine, so that will eventually be my route.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS