S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

500whp Supercharger Plan

Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's going to have a hell of a time getting to 500whp on a blower setup, its just that simple.

The reason why I said E85 was because I know this is the route Joey went with his SoS 1200 kit, and its also the easiest (cheapest) way (short of race gas), less chance of detonation etc.

As far as I'm aware there are only about a 1/2 dozen people here who make over 500whp on a s/c setup.

Sidewayz
John Z
Ilovemyhonda1984
D1Disclaimer
one other person in my inbox somewhere.
I'm sure there's a few lurkers out there but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

You only have to look at Sidewayz posts / threads / history and his ever changing / updating of mods to see how long it took him to push the Vortech to over 500whp.
As he's already mentioned, it took 22 pound, and more mods than the OP has stated - a built motor that costs as much as the SoS Stage 2 kit to start with....

Now its debatable if the F20 can take X amount of high PSI, everyone has their own idea on how far the motor will go until something breaks, especially on a centrifugal S/c setup as it only sees peak boost for a split second or two, unlike a turbo where peak boost is prolonged for much greater period of time putting more stress on the motor.

My opinion is, if you want 500whp, the easiest way to go about it is a GT35R setup.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lethbridge,Aug 8 2010, 10:58 AM
okay so i could just buy the v2 kit from vortech and then just order the the upgraded impeller from them aswell? do you know if there is an upgraded impellor for the sos kit?
It is not just replace impeller. Standard blower and T-trim are totally diff blower, T-trim is larger than SCtrim. You can purchase T-trim instead of standard blower from vortech when you buying a kit from them, sure they are going to charge extra for that. Or you can also buy used kit and send blower to them.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kadrenalin,Aug 8 2010, 02:26 PM
My opinion is, if you want 500whp, the easiest way to go about it is a GT35R setup.
I know where you are going from when you say i should get the gt35r and that is what i was originally going to do. I was going to get around 700whp with the hta35r turbo (gt35r with an upgraded impellor-fast spool up and greater hp) but as you mentioned before that turboing the car puts more stress on the engine and I didnt want that! That is why i wanted to go with a sc, and I was looking for around 500whp, so i would be able to take vipers and the higher end vets, and i know that here in canada E85 is not avaliable and that withe the right upgrades the SoS stage 2 kit would be able to reach 500whp, or close to it! Now if I was to still go with the SoS kit and not use E85 what would the expected whp be for that? I also have other upgrades like a berk header, berk hfc, and magnaflow catback exhaust.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethbridge,Aug 8 2010, 11:58 PM
turboing the car puts more stress on the engine
i laugh everytime i see this statement.

more stress. so lemme see, a SC that takes power to make it do work does more stress to a motor then a turbo that uses wasted energy and turns it into power.

SENSE, THAT MAKES NONE.

i personally feel that people bash on turbo becuase it makes power earlier, so it can crank out more tq down low and that could affect reliability. COULD!, NOT WILL.

stock HG 500whp on a blower setup is gonna be infinitely harder on a car then a gt35r, 6262, setup on the same car. WHY? becuase you will run less boost to hit it, and maybe even do it on pump gas if you have a ELTM, sidewinder. worst case pump plus meth.

on a blower, your gonna need so much boost that you will have to have lower compression, or e85/racegas to do it.

bottom line, figure out what you want to accomplish, then find the parts to do it. gonna road race your car? SC setups have been more successful, but thats not to say turbo cant be done.

i think SC kits are more reliable becuase more people just buy the bolt on kit and then never change anything on it. or they do from 7-10psi which is nothing for this motor.

turbo guys, minus the greddy turbo guys, are cranking it up to new heights. 600 is the new 500, and 400 is the new 300. get what im sayin?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM

How about sos stage2 + ID 1000cc injectors, mahle 10:1 pistons, arp/acl stuff and reconditioned head with good springs/valves and +1mm on the exhaust side. All that plus good exhaust should get me to that range (450-500whp without e85 or meth)...just paxton 1200 with 16-18psi of boost..
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by camuman,Aug 9 2010, 09:05 AM

more stress. so lemme see, a SC that takes power to make it do work does more stress to a motor then a turbo that uses wasted energy and turns it into power.

SENSE, THAT MAKES NONE.

i personally feel that people bash on turbo becuase it makes power earlier, so it can crank out more tq down low and that could affect reliability. COULD!, NOT WILL.

stock HG 500whp on a blower setup is gonna be infinitely harder on a car then a gt35r, 6262, setup on the same car. WHY? becuase you will run less boost to hit it, and maybe even do it on pump gas if you have a ELTM, sidewinder. worst case pump plus meth.

on a blower, your gonna need so much boost that you will have to have lower compression, or e85/racegas to do it.

bottom line, figure out what you want to accomplish, then find the parts to do it. gonna road race your car? SC setups have been more successful, but thats not to say turbo cant be done.

i think SC kits are more reliable becuase more people just buy the bolt on kit and then never change anything on it. or they do from 7-10psi which is nothing for this motor.

turbo guys, minus the greddy turbo guys, are cranking it up to new heights. 600 is the new 500, and 400 is the new 300. get what im sayin?
No im not bashing turbos, I find them to be great, however, alot more tuning and such it required for that but dont get me wrong tuning is still require with the supercharger as well and i am looking for 500 whp with a sc and over 700whp with a turbo, but with the sc doesnt mean i am going to use all 500hp all the time it is only for certain times thats it! The real thing i am looking for is a sc kit that i can achieve 450-500whp without e85, but that will also be reliable! but i get where you are coming from with the higher boost lvls with a sc
Old 08-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethbridge,Aug 9 2010, 02:24 PM
No im not bashing turbos, I find them to be great, however, alot more tuning and such it required for that but dont get me wrong tuning is still require with the supercharger as well and i am looking for 500 whp with a sc and over 700whp with a turbo, but with the sc doesnt mean i am going to use all 500hp all the time it is only for certain times thats it! The real thing i am looking for is a sc kit that i can achieve 450-500whp without e85, but that will also be reliable! but i get where you are coming from with the higher boost lvls with a sc
you gotta realize reliability goes down when you take a stock motor and add 300+hp to it.

how much will it go down, no one can answer that.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by camuman,Aug 9 2010, 11:05 AM

SENSE, THAT MAKES NONE.

It's all about controlling heat. Heat breaks stuff. With a turbo setup on this platform, you tend to locate the turbo a bit closer to the essential electrical harnesses. Turbos regularly spin at over 4 times the peak velocity of a centrifugal supercharger and thus generate more heat.

These are the two reasons superchargers have been considered more reliable on this platform and have been tracked with greater success.

That being said, relocating electrical harnesses and running E85, Momentum is running a high boost turbo track car with great success. The E85 has cooling properties that are allowing every FI platform to explore new heights.

Me, I run a tracked supercharger setup on 100 octane just cuz E85 isn't readily available in my area. Have I thought about turbo? Yep! More than once...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Just posting you can do it with the 9:1 comp motor my buddy has a built motor not head gasket but still he has a custom procharger set up he just hit 557 whp he wants 600 with his setup. il have to get his dyno charts and scan them on and take pictures of his setup.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CourageOO7,Aug 9 2010, 11:11 AM
Me, I run a tracked supercharger setup on 100 octane just cuz E85 isn't readily available in my area.
the 100 octane your using is that right out of the pump or do you add something to it? and what whp you running?

Quick Reply: 500whp Supercharger Plan