S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

2 months of boost and BOOOOM !

Old 11-02-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but your wrong bro.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm sorry but your wrong bro.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
Reapur, do you need a hug buddy?
Hey dude, I bought your ta76-rm and love it with my turbo setup. Sounds freakin amazing !
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 PM

I just want to say 1 thing to the OP. Sorry your motor took a crap. BUT don't act like a bad ass because your about to throw in a V8. Its been done so many times. Also You say... lets race next year when you have a v8 in your S2000. Sorry to say you will lose because you will only be around 400 hp when us boosted guys are more around 600 hp and you will wheel spin with the tq you will have SO DON'T say lets race BECAUSE you WILL lose.

FYI... YOUR NOT A BAD ASS GOING TO A V8 WHEN PEOPLE HAVE MOVED ONTO V10'S IN THE S2000...

http://www.v8s2000.com/forums/showth...p?94-V10-s2000
Old 11-03-2012, 06:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reapur
Hey dude, I bought your ta76-rm and love it with my turbo setup. Sounds freakin amazing !
Awesome!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:24 AM

I agree with the few in the this thread who see the idiocy and hypocrisy of the OPs posts. First doesn't want to have two of the best shops for s2000 motors in the country build him a motor (which was his original intent to find) THEN doesn't want to buy a new short block and run a stock motor because (its too expensive) and THEN decides doing a v8 swap would be under 8000 ( which albeit it would be if he were to use a used LS motor but since he's so set on a new motor.. Good f@#king kuck) THEN pulls out the "Master Mechanic" card (which honestly is a f@#king joke of an accreditation in most of the aftermarket car scenes eyes) when he's "guessing" what's wrong with his motor, and looking for someone ELSE to fix it..

Also, the ultimate kit is factually one of the lowest quality kits for our cars, argue it all done, had be done research he never would have bought it. Stop calling us "purists" I hate that f@#king word people over use nowadays just as bad as "hater" if you want to put an LS motor in an s2000 knock yourself out buddy, I plan to do that swap with a future s2000 just because, but don't come on here talking like your going to take turbo f20s down with your "badass" v8, cuz it's not gonna happen.

In summation you don't drive a boosted s2000 anymore so kindly gtfo of this section. Have a nice day.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 AM

I have a question..... If he is such a high end AAAA+++++ Master Mechanic, then why would he ask who he should have build his motor? He would just have built it himself.. hummm... Master Mechanic my ass!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 AM

This thread is full of contradictions and hypocrisy, it's hilarious!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM

you guys dont get it ....

I wouldnt want to buy a used motor to turbo the f@#k out.. thats not so smart especially coming from japan where surely it was BEATEN...second... I dont own a machine shop .. line boring, honing etc..... I just dont have the facility to complete these tasks........

I can easily build a motor.... but I dont have the very expensive and specialized machining tools to do so ....

the price came up.... well I sold off most of my turbo stuff already...... the new short block would have been 4500 plus plus plus ..... so all in around 6000... with everything i wanted to do .... I sold off my stuff for around 5k ...... ad the 6k I was going to spend on the short block ... and thats 11k ... so if I can build this new set up for 8-10k im still ahead..... that and I wont be worried every time the waste gate opens that something is going to blow...... stock hp ... reliable hp .....

I should be making right around 400 whp and right around 400-430 wtq ... all at around 2800 rpm ...... not to mention the built rear end etc.....

I dont actually see many s2000's CONSISTANTLY running 10's without breaking stuff..... I mean CONSISTANTLY 10-12 passes every weekend and drive it home.... and the guys that are, have supra transmissions and cobra diffs....... nothing s2000 anymore..... that hardware just isnt up to the task ....

that is why I wanted the swap .... I get a trans that can hold .... I get a motor making 400 hp without even trying ..... I get a rear end .... and most of all...... there arent 50 people in my neighbourhood that have it ..... like there are with turbo s2ks..... Im not knocking turbo s2ks.... my car was very fun ...... very.... but I am sick of turbo... i just am ... never had a v8 .. have the time, the facility, the experience to do the v8 swap ... its not hard... actually its quite easy ....

your also taking my words incorrectly... when I said I think my oil pump went .. that was my diagnosis..... it went .... sorry I didnt say IT WAS 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% irrefutably the oil pump ... I also said there could be other contributing factors that helped in the seizing of my motor ..... such as poor up keep before I owned it.... being one of the factors of many I could list.... I CAN NOT CONTROL that.....
the motor always had oil in it ..... period... always looked and smelled good .... period .... never over heated or came close.... period ....

what more can ANY owner mechanic or not do to prevent this failure......

at the end of the day discredit me or try to on this forum all you want just like you said its a forum for people and there opinions ... opinions are like assholes ... everyones got one, all good right .....

im going out to work on the car now ... already ordered the swap stuff needed.... gotta get this thing going ......

and im down for road course.... car will be corner balanced with v8 in there, my bbk will be here anytime this week, (front and rear) but no 1 hot lap crap... run with me for 30-40 laps... thats where experience and set up play a huge roll.......my 911 was awesome around the track ... hopefully the s2000 will be too .....I hope your coil overs are up to the task.... 30 laps with hard braking..... you'll come in looking like a monster truck, overheated shock oil......

and in all seriousness... I dont want a vette... I want the power of one minus a bunch of weight.....

have a good one

-Lee
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Corey Maurer
Also, the ultimate kit is factually one of the lowest quality kits for our cars, argue it all done, had be done research he never would have bought it. .
I bought the kit. I'm new on here, bought my 06 S2k in June. Did some research on kits with the intent to go forced induction.

This kit showed up for what I thought was a decent price for getting into fi with a ap2, so I bought, picked it up today. Kit looks like new. I'm not expecting chart topping power or to impress others, just hoping to have about 350 whp in what I hope will be a reliable setup.

What is the matter with this ultimate racing kit??? Let me know please. I know there are others that will make far more power, but that wasn't my goal in getting this. The manifold is a log type, so perhaps that is not the flashiest, but oh well. For the money it fit my budget of boosting my car.

Thanks Lee, and I hope your v8 swap is a success.

Any one who wants to help me make my entry into a fi s2k a success just chime in with some advice.

Quick Reply: 2 months of boost and BOOOOM !