S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

07 S2k SOS TS MAX build

Old 01-25-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
If your referring to how well it bolts up; Im with you. Part of the reason it is so enticing is how well it installs. My motor mounts are still good with atleast 4k on'em now with the kit. It drives just like OEM but with 420&+-300 wtq!!!
As long as the waste gate is correctly tensioned it is merely a town car with a sporty comfortable tone. Even when it was re-circ'd it was above legal loud once you get on it, so dumping to atmosphere or not was just a win win.
I cant speak on behalf of SOS, but if you look through my previous dyno's I couldnt exactly confirm I made the extra power from dumping because I had a generic hodge podge MBC not holding steady, but with the turbosmart MBC holding more steady psi and the open dump I picked up like 60whp
---> trq carrying farther was probably more of a product of constant steady boost from the TS MBC. and or it just all complimented itself.

Im not gonna say this is exactly why because this n that, I'm just happy I have it worked out and running in a comfortably fast beginning
The nature and design of the kit was never to be a straight line, top end creature; so I can only conciously put so much effort into trying to maximize efficiency in those area's until it just isnt worth every lil bit to me. The open dump cost me $60 If I did not live in HI I would of done it myself.

If you were able to cut the flange on the manifold, rotate it correctly, re-weld it, I am almost 100% certain you could run ATPs evo 8/9 open scroll turbine housing for gt30/35s pretty much making it a ptuning kit "shouldershrug" but every "Good Idea' fairy doesnt have his ducks in a row until its been done Lol! I would have to be seriously bored!

Theres nothing inherently wrong with IWG, as long as it can bypass the gasses for your level of psi. I have read this "evo housing" even dissapoints them. I was just merely trying to scavenge every inch of flow out the DP.
Thanks for the info man. It would be helpful to know how to modify the IWG to dump to atmosphere (I don't work with turbo's often, just fleshing out ideas for my own setup).
Old 01-25-2017, 08:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Janus00
Thanks for the info man. It would be helpful to know how to modify the IWG to dump to atmosphere (I don't work with turbo's often, just fleshing out ideas for my own setup).
The waste gate exhaust flow is separate on the Sos so it's just a matter of sealing the IWG on the turbo which is pretty close already and just cutting the tube off before it enters the down pipe. I don't seen how you'd make any power gains with it though because the only advantage is being able to flow more gas past it.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by V3rtigo
The waste gate exhaust flow is separate on the Sos so it's just a matter of sealing the IWG on the turbo which is pretty close already and just cutting the tube off before it enters the down pipe. I don't seen how you'd make any power gains with it though because the only advantage is being able to flow more gas past it.
That's like saying; I wouldn't have better peaks if I dropped my exhaust as well. ???

But what do I know; I'm only making some of the best #'s verified on dynamometer @ psi with pump gas on this kit.

N yes, all I did was cut the tube where it merged the IWG back to the down pipe. Added a side exit screama n patched the down pipe.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 01-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This SOS modded kit made 435 & 312 @12.5 psi On a dynapack! :Thumbsup: to the guy I sold it to. It's awesome seeing this and knowing someone is super happy....That they bought this instead of a hks SC lol, his words not mine

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 04-03-2017 at 12:06 AM.