S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

What tune to use

Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tune to use

I just purchased Injen Intake and 70mm tp. Now what cal should i use for this setup? Stock headers and stock exhaust on 06 AP2.

Injen tune or Toda tune? Or maybe using Injen tune with lower Vtec set point like Toda?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the K&N FIPK, and a testpipe on OEM header and OEM exhaust. I tried the other tunes, but they didnt give me good results. On WOT pulls I was 13.6 AFR or higher, sometimes 13.9, which I didnt like. On the Toda tune I am in the 12's now, but it still isnt great. It jumps from low 12 to mid 12, to high 12, back down, during a gear, from what I saw. Toda is definitely the safest tune though, for anyone with a test pipe.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ap2blanco
I just purchased Injen Intake and 70mm tp. Now what cal should i use for this setup? Stock headers and stock exhaust on 06 AP2.

Injen tune or Toda tune? Or maybe using Injen tune with lower Vtec set point like Toda?
With a TP, you should be able to lower your VTEC to 3,700 RPM even with the stock header regardless of the calibration. Try out each calibration and see which one puts you at the better AFR. I'm willing to bet it's the Toda calibration.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I have the K&N FIPK, and a testpipe on OEM header and OEM exhaust. I tried the other tunes, but they didnt give me good results. On WOT pulls I was 13.6 AFR or higher, sometimes 13.9, which I didnt like. On the Toda tune I am in the 12's now, but it still isnt great. It jumps from low 12 to mid 12, to high 12, back down, during a gear, from what I saw. Toda is definitely the safest tune though, for anyone with a test pipe.
FYI, I did dyno pulls of the different calibrations with the stock cat and I LOST about 5 HP on all calibrations EXCEPT the stock calibration. You need a TP or high flow cat in order to take advantage a non-stock calibration for normally aspirated cars.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Toda map runs pig-rich, even with intake, test pipe and big exhaust. You guys have to remember, that the canned maps are uber conservative. Hondata does not want people popping motors with any of their maps, and then getting blamed for it. Would be pretty bad for business.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
The Toda map runs pig-rich, even with intake, test pipe and big exhaust. You guys have to remember, that the canned maps are uber conservative. Hondata does not want people popping motors with any of their maps, and then getting blamed for it. Would be pretty bad for business.
That is definitely what I found when I had the skunk2 on, but with the OEM exhaust it doesnt seem to be as bad .

Hopefully in a week I have a nice single and can use my real map again
Old 05-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Well I installed tp today with toda tune, Im still waiting on intake to be delivered..... So I took her for a test drive with new cal and she feels to be more alive with removal of cat. I also was surprised how heavy the factory cat was compared to tp, I was just not expecting it to be that heavy..... I also did a data log at WOT, all seems to be fine for now. I will wait for intake to do another datalog... Thanks for your feed back....
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2blanco
Well I installed tp today with toda tune, Im still waiting on intake to be delivered..... So I took her for a test drive with new cal and she feels to be more alive with removal of cat. I also was surprised how heavy the factory cat was compared to tp, I was just not expecting it to be that heavy..... I also did a data log at WOT, all seems to be fine for now. I will wait for intake to do another datalog... Thanks for your feed back....
Yep.. a TP and tune with the flashpro makes a very big difference according to my butt dyno. There's MUCH better low end/midrange than stock, whereas daily driving a bone stock ap2 feels noticeably sluggish now. I think a TP and flashpro are the two best mods you can do for a NA s2k. I gutted my stock airbox, which also perhaps helps a little as well, but probably not a huge difference. As others said, you can set your vtec point to lower than the toda calibration. Mine is set to 4k, but I could set it a little lower.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Just wanted to give a update,

Installed Injen cold air intake and I got to say I'm very impressed with quality and overall performance. At WOT vtec sounds crazy...

Thank you all for your feed back....