S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Trouble Starting on Hot Days

Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little bit of hesitation, but not nearly as much as before! Once it fired it wanted to stall... but eventually regained it's composure.

Newest Datalog of Start :

Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like it tried to stall because the motor dumped a ton a fuel in at the initial start up. That's weird. Hopefully Hondata will chime in on that one...dunno if that's normal behavior or not.

Yea you'll have to keep an eye on it and adjust accordingly.

PS - you can just post pics uploaded from s2ki if you don't plan to share them elsewhere. If we're on this site, we can see those pics
Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by spectacle,Jul 6 2010, 02:50 PM
Looks like it tried to stall because the motor dumped a ton a fuel in at the initial start up. That's weird. Hopefully Hondata will chime in on that one...dunno if that's normal behavior or not.

Yea you'll have to keep an eye on it and adjust accordingly.

PS - you can just post pics uploaded from s2ki if you don't plan to share them elsewhere. If we're on this site, we can see those pics
Yesterday evening I contacted Hondata Tech Support by phone, no answer. Then came online and sent them a PM with no response, expected though as I know they are very busy and don't have time to look at all the messages they get.
Hoping they do offer some assistance as it looks like my tuner is now out of town.

I had a feeling that is what was happening as the car really seemed rough at initial start... would it be worth it to go into my crank fuel map and lower the entire table a bit?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

You have not said what injectors you are using, nor what the coolant temperature compensation tables are. Without knowing the injector make and size, I can't say if it is too little or too much fuel. Also, is the problem with the engine (coolant) cold or hot?

I suggest first resetting the compensation tables (right click, reset to default). Normally you need to make fairly big changes to the cranking trim to see any effect (10-20% at a time).

Finally, I only read these forums about once per week so you may get a quicker response on the Honda forum.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hondata,Jul 6 2010, 07:05 PM
You have not said what injectors you are using, nor what the coolant temperature compensation tables are. Without knowing the injector make and size, I can't say if it is too little or too much fuel. Also, is the problem with the engine (coolant) cold or hot?

I suggest first resetting the compensation tables (right click, reset to default). Normally you need to make fairly big changes to the cranking trim to see any effect (10-20% at a time).
It is funny that you asked that question; as I was on my way home from work that's exactly what I thought, "I forgot to add in my injector size".

They are Inline Pro 900cc Injectors (Siemens).

Here is my Coolant Temperature Compensation Table :

Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM

So you recommend me resetting all the compensation tables to default?

Then do a datalog and see how she does?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Datalog from start after work... 100' outside, started up rather well with spectacle's air temp compensation assistance. Hopefully it stays this way.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cranking trim on 1000cc ID injectors is -38. Really have to take a lot of fuel away.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM

Had some issues getting the car to start this evening as I was leaving work... 95' outside. Tried to do a datalog of it, but for some reason it didn't save.

Want to get a datalog of it not starting to well so I can see which air temp comp value to alter.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Wow again Chad? Damn, hope you can get this bug fix!

Quick Reply: Trouble Starting on Hot Days