S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Link ECU G4x S2000x plug n play review?

Old 11-26-2023, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thank you to everyone that has been helpful. And I hope that this thread will be helpful for others going the same route.

I will be ordering the Link G4X in a few weeks.

I currently have an AEM X series wideband gauge that I plan to use with the Link G4X. I am aware that I need the CANJST4 which I will be getting. But from the pictures of the can cable I don't see how it would connect with the AEM wideband gauge...

I will be wiring everything myself which I am decent at. I couldn't find any information or videos on what cables go where for the AEM wideband to the CANJST4 cable.

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 02-05-2024, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So, has anyone actually bought linkecu and had it tuned for sos supercharger? Trying to see if this is better solution to have stage 1 with piggyback stuff vs actual ecu tuned.
SOS recommended me going through dyno and have the fuel etc adjusted but if ecu can handle all these out of the "box" (hopefully there is some OTS map). then it would be the route I'd rather take.
Since I am not looking for power for the build, anything conservative tune works for me.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:02 AM
kos

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by lee sung
So, has anyone actually bought linkecu and had it tuned for sos supercharger? Trying to see if this is better solution to have stage 1 with piggyback stuff vs actual ecu tuned.
SOS recommended me going through dyno and have the fuel etc adjusted but if ecu can handle all these out of the "box" (hopefully there is some OTS map). then it would be the route I'd rather take.
Since I am not looking for power for the build, anything conservative tune works for me.
My plan is to run Link with my HKS SC. With an ECU like the Link, there are no OTS maps that I am aware of.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:11 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lee sung
  1. It depends on where you live really. In CA I think it is harder for modified ECUs etc with how stringent CA laws are.
    • If you are not in CA, why not get something that will ensure the safety and reliability of your engine for many moons to come?
  2. The piggy back is a very crude way of adjusting parameters that help your engine stay alive. You also need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that increases the fuel pressure when it senses a change in manifold pressures.
    • Follow up to Bullet 2 - do you value the longevity of your engine? With how expensive s2000s are these days - I would go the standalone route and ensure that your engine is optimally adjusted and is tuned for your elevation.
    • You can also get engine safety provisions in place that can save you a very expensive engine rebuild later.
    • If you don't have the money for the LINK you can always find a second hand AEM V2 for less and it will work just as well.
    • Back to your question, the factory ECU needs more fuel. The piggy back I think taps into a couple of sensors and adjusts their voltage to compensate for the increase in fuel that is being dumped in.
      • You CAN get away running it like this. Is it the BEST option? (No for money saving in the long run, and I disagree in terms of safety and reliability lol).
  3. With any type of forced induction, if you already bought the kit, spend the extra bit more of money for injectors, a fuel pump and a nice standalone computer to make sure your car is setup properly.
    • This way you have room to grow if you want to increase the boost later.
    • P.s. don't forget a wideband O2 sensor for monitoring AFRs...
Old 05-10-2024, 05:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by sonic9; 05-10-2024 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have one question is the uego and fuel pressure sensor a must when using the sos link ecu? I know when I had my wrx my tuner recommended a uego wideband but I’m not very familiar with s2000 tuning.
Old 06-01-2024, 10:48 PM

Received 315 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuradc5boy
I just have one question is the uego and fuel pressure sensor a must when using the sos link ecu? I know when I had my wrx my tuner recommended a uego wideband but I’m not very familiar with s2000 tuning.
Yeah you'll want a wideband at a minimum. The 4D fuel mapping capabilities of all the modern ECUs need a fuel pressure sensor. You can use the ECU with out it, but I'd recommend taking advantage of all of the modern features.