S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Flashpro w/ aem wideband question?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to run stock sensor if you want to run closed loop or pass inspection. Slw I'll get you the part number sorry been busy working 70+ hrs
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get this sorted out?

If I run it to ECT2. Do I have to uncheck any boxes like ELD?

I actually tried to add a pin for B12, but it's not showing any voltage in my logs..... Maybe the pin didn't go in properly.

I figure I may as well try ELD or ECT2 as they were pinned from the factory and I just have to cut and soldier.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for being so ignorant here. I have a 2006 with Hondata FlashPro. When I installed my wideband failsafe gauge I did it as a stand alone unit, welded in a bung. Am I somehow missing out by not having the ECU look at the AEM gauge? I did not know it was even possible! And what does the Electrical Load Detector have to do with the AEM gauge. Again sorry for my ignorance here.

I can tell where the tach signal wire is(2006 and higher):
Your ECM should have 1 gray connector and 3 white ones. Find the largest of the white connectors and you will see it has 3 long rows of terminals. Look for a blue wire near the middle of the row that is opposite from the connector latch, which means it's on the "back side" so you'll probably have to pull the connector off the ECU to get to it. You'll see the back row of terminals has t terminal slots by themselves, one of which is empty. The other hole should have the blue tach wire. There are only 2 blue wires in this connector and the other one is on a "front side corner" of the connector so it should not be hard to find the tach signal wire.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by DaGou
Sorry for being so ignorant here. I have a 2006 with Hondata FlashPro. When I installed my wideband failsafe gauge I did it as a stand alone unit, welded in a bung. Am I somehow missing out by not having the ECU look at the AEM gauge? I did not know it was even possible! And what does the Electrical Load Detector have to do with the AEM gauge. Again sorry for my ignorance here.

I can tell where the tach signal wire is(2006 and higher):
Your ECM should have 1 gray connector and 3 white ones. Find the largest of the white connectors and you will see it has 3 long rows of terminals. Look for a blue wire near the middle of the row that is opposite from the connector latch, which means it's on the "back side" so you'll probably have to pull the connector off the ECU to get to it. You'll see the back row of terminals has t terminal slots by themselves, one of which is empty. The other hole should have the blue tach wire. There are only 2 blue wires in this connector and the other one is on a "front side corner" of the connector so it should not be hard to find the tach signal wire.
I would talk to a tuner about not having your ecu see the aem wideband. .. I would say as long as your tuned properly it wouldn't matter if your ecu sees it if the factory ones are still working correctly. To my knowledge though, I thought the factory sensor is a narrow band and not good to tune with.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of misinformation in this thread. Below are the facts.

First of all, the stock primary o2 sensor for a 2005-2009 S2000 is a wideband.

Second of all if you want to run in closed loop you must use the stock primary o2 sensor.

Any aftermarket wideband used and wired to one of the other ECU inputs is just for datalogging purposes, and you cannot run closed loop from it.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Spunkster
Lots of misinformation in this thread. Below are the facts.

First of all, the stock primary o2 sensor for a 2005-2009 S2000 is a wideband.

Second of all if you want to run in closed loop you must use the stock primary o2 sensor.

Any aftermarket wideband used and wired to one of the other ECU inputs is just for datalogging purposes, and you cannot run closed loop from it.
Thanks Spunskter, I am not missing out on anything then.

I ask you SLWS2K, what are doing in FlashPro with the AEM and the ELD. Sorry, I just cannot follow what you are trying to do.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:18 AM

Connecting the aem sensor to the ecu allows the tuner and owner to view afr from the datalog.

" The OEM primary o2 sensor does not read accurately, and actually varies from car to car how well it reads against a actual wideband o2 sensor. The primary o2 sensor is fine for closed loop partial throttle control, but is not accurate enough for dial in proper a/f under boost. Further, the sensors are EGT driven so the hotter the exhaust gets the sensor will read worse and worse."
Old 08-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by crxdx
Connecting the aem sensor to the ecu allows the tuner and owner to view afr from the datalog.

" The OEM primary o2 sensor does not read accurately, and actually varies from car to car how well it reads against a actual wideband o2 sensor. The primary o2 sensor is fine for closed loop partial throttle control, but is not accurate enough for dial in proper a/f under boost. Further, the sensors are EGT driven so the hotter the exhaust gets the sensor will read worse and worse."
Confused again! In the first part of your response you say to connect the AEM to the ECU so that you can view the AEM AFR in the FlashPro data log. You do not say or imply anything about connecting for control here.

In the next part you quote something(do not know what you are quoting)that says the factory O2 sensor is shit. But that is all it says. It infers that since it is shit you should use the AEM sensor instead.

So do you connect it for just reading the data logs for do you connect it for control?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by DaGou
Originally Posted by crxdx' timestamp='1408990720' post='23301054

Confused again! In the first part of your response you say to connect the AEM to the ECU so that you can view the AEM AFR in the FlashPro data log. You do not say or imply anything about connecting for control here.

In the next part you quote something(do not know what you are quoting)that says the factory O2 sensor is shit. But that is all it says. It infers that since it is shit you should use the AEM sensor instead.

So do you connect it for just reading the data logs for do you connect it for control?

I really don't understand why you're confused you're making it harder than it really is. You can run the wire to the ECU if you want more accurate data logs especially if your boosted. I was quoting Jeff Evans he is a very reputable tuner these are his opinions on the factory wideband. They are just not suitable for boost they become very inaccurate.

I run the factory o2 sensor and the AEM. The AEM wideband or any aftermarket sensor and gauge is used for reference and tuning only. You can hook it up to the ecu if you WANT to this makes tuning much easier and accurate instead of eyeballing the gauge.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:21 AM

So why do you still run the factory O2 sensor?

BTW before I was boosted Jeff did my e-tune, great guy, I highly respect him when it comes to tuning Ss.

Quick Reply: Flashpro w/ aem wideband question?