S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

FlashPro O2 cat delete

Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would mine go bad at 18,000 miles? Right after the flash was when i got this CEL.. Even when its reverted to stock tune.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:23 PM

whatever i understand.. really random.. nvm guess im gonna look for a stock cat to go to warranty
Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not seen this issue with mine. My o2 sensor was replaced just prior to me purchasing the flash pro.

If it helps I am running the tuned map.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Ok, tried everything to get around this code, without flashpro installed, no code ever, with flashpro installed with AEM shortram, tuned or Injen intake I get P2A00 code within a couple of miles and restarts. Tried disabling the secondary O2 wich did not work, tried installing my Berk TP, same thing. Car runs awesome on both the "tuned" tune and Injen tune but just keeps tripping the MIL. As far as I can see the P2A00 code does not hurt performance or put the car in limp mode or anything so at this point I may just remove the damn bulb. This is not O2 related since the stock tune will not trip the code no matter what.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRE,Mar 7 2010, 11:52 AM
Ok, tried everything to get around this code, without flashpro installed, no code ever, with flashpro installed with AEM shortram, tuned or Injen intake I get P2A00 code within a couple of miles and restarts. Tried disabling the secondary O2 wich did not work, tried installing my Berk TP, same thing. Car runs awesome on both the "tuned" tune and Injen tune but just keeps tripping the MIL. As far as I can see the P2A00 code does not hurt performance or put the car in limp mode or anything so at this point I may just remove the damn bulb. This is not O2 related since the stock tune will not trip the code no matter what.
I've switched back to the stock tune several times and I still get the code.
My car at this point is completely stock and I'm starting to notice that it's now affecting my AF as my car occasionally feels like it runs either rich or lean.
I have the sensor on order so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Is this problem fix now? I'm gonna buy the flashpro, I only have hondata heatshield and FIPK K&N cold air intake... I really don't want this cell to comes out... is it only coming when you have a test pipe? Is there any chance this cell comes out with my only mod, not tuning it running the hondata tuned map?

thanks for your help
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by itr710,Mar 8 2010, 10:59 PM
Is this problem fix now? I'm gonna buy the flashpro, I only have hondata heatshield and FIPK K&N cold air intake... I really don't want this cell to comes out... is it only coming when you have a test pipe? Is there any chance this cell comes out with my only mod, not tuning it running the hondata tuned map?

thanks for your help
as much as it seems like a Hondata or FlashPro problem it isn't, Honda has a TSB out for it and if your O2 fails then they will replace it under warranty.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't this sensor covered by the emissions warranty? 8years 80k miles?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

sorry its gotta be hondata's problem.... theres no way that everyones sensors are all going bad at the same time... sorry... just seems that everyone who flashes there car gets this problem.... i dont buy that all these o2's keep going bad RIGHT AFTER THE FLASH.... sorry.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dedonderosa,Mar 9 2010, 10:34 AM
sorry its gotta be hondata's problem.... theres no way that everyones sensors are all going bad at the same time... sorry... just seems that everyone who flashes there car gets this problem.... i dont buy that all these o2's keep going bad RIGHT AFTER THE FLASH.... sorry.
Don't assume "everyone" has this issue. I reflashed my ECU just days after the FlashPro was released with all kinds of wild calibrations, with several combinations of headers, cat. converters, test pipes (resonated and non-resonated), 2 different headers, and 2 different exhausts, and I've not experienced this problem.

Quick Reply: FlashPro O2 cat delete