S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

FlashPro O2 cat delete

Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JmanS2k,May 9 2010, 05:37 PM
What did they charge you if you don't mind me asking?
$208 and some change total. Yes I know that I could have bought a new sensor for that, but I wanted to be sure that it was the newest release for the application. I also have it documented as well.

Brian
Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im having the same problem by any chance are any of you guys turbo charged? p.m. me please.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:18 AM

Received my FlashPro in the mail today, data logged a 3rd gear pull on stock map to monitor/get a baseline A/F, came back, reflashed ecu with the US-2-tuned map, went out, and did another 3rd gear pull data log for A/F comparison. After some more driving under partial throttle CEL came on, same P2A00 code as you guys here.

This happened within ~10 mile drive after FlashPro US-2-Tune reflash, everything left unchanged.
Stock intake/airbox + snorkel, stock header, stock cat, Greddy SE single.
Not sure if it matters, but my vin is not in the Sensor TSB range.

Is there a different way to reset CEL on AP2v2? I've tried the fuse/ECU reset method in FAQ but didn't go away.

[edit]:

After reviewing my data log, it appears that almost immediately after I've started my car after reflashing my ECU to US-2-Tuned, FlashPro data logger had already caught P2A00 code, but the car didn't throw CEL till around 5-8 combined miles after.

Am I wrong in thinking that the preloaded US-2-Tuned map caused the CEL, or possibly A/F sensor failure?

My plan is to clear the CEL somehow, and see if it comes back. Any thoughts?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh, join the club? Maybe it will go away for you too. Mine has seemed to correct it self.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by chilicoke,May 14 2010, 01:18 AM
Received my FlashPro in the mail today, data logged a 3rd gear pull on stock map to monitor/get a baseline A/F, came back, reflashed ecu with the US-2-tuned map, went out, and did another 3rd gear pull data log for A/F comparison. After some more driving under partial throttle CEL came on, same P2A00 code as you guys here.

This happened within ~10 mile drive after FlashPro US-2-Tune reflash, everything left unchanged.
Stock intake/airbox + snorkel, stock header, stock cat, Greddy SE single.
Not sure if it matters, but my vin is not in the Sensor TSB range.

Is there a different way to reset CEL on AP2v2? I've tried the fuse/ECU reset method in FAQ but didn't go away.

[edit]:

After reviewing my data log, it appears that almost immediately after I've started my car after reflashing my ECU to US-2-Tuned, FlashPro data logger had already caught P2A00 code, but the car didn't throw CEL till around 5-8 combined miles after.

Am I wrong in thinking that the preloaded US-2-Tuned map caused the CEL, or possibly A/F sensor failure?

My plan is to clear the CEL somehow, and see if it comes back. Any thoughts?
Reflashing the ecu cleared the cel on my friend's CR (not sure if it was still in memory though).
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up alSpeed2k, I've also found the some by accident. CEL does not get stored after reflash.

After a number of experiments, CEL pops up each time, even on back-to-stock flash. Looks like the sensor is dead, will have to bring it yo the dealer and try my luck with TSB.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Small update, oddly enough after about 2 days of driving on back-to-stock tune with CEL lit for around ~30 or so miles the CEL shut itself off.

I'm guessing the ECU needs to learn or get used to a new map, which caused it to trigger the CEL. Is there a way to force the ECL to learn new settings?

[edit]

Answered my own question. It appears that letting the car idle and wait for the radiator fans to kick in a few cycles right after a reflash keeps the ECU CEL-free.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as a further update: my CEL doesn't come on any more even under any throttle position through VTEC. I haven't changed a dang thing and it stays away on the same tune it used to come on with. Nice...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 AM

Awesome!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Hi guys, Talk a few times in this post, finally flashed my S2k.

It's a MY 06 and I've used the stock tune version that comes with the flashpro, never use anything else.

I don't know if i'm lucky, but never got any cell at all and it's been 1000 miles that i'm rolling this map now... my car has 35000 miles. The only mods that I have so far are the hondata gasket for the intake and the throttle (and I do recommand this mod to anybody) and the spoon sports replacement filter.

Like some people said, for a non known reason some gets cells and some don't... Guess there something we all don't understand about this isue...

Anyway i'm pretty happy about the fact that everythig work fine without cell...

Quick Reply: FlashPro O2 cat delete