S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Another Tunerview II install option

Old 01-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Tunerview II install option

Wanted to share this install...

With a little bit o'$$ left over from the Kpro install, I purchased a Tunerview II.

I didn't like most of the installs, the unit is "out in the open" a little too much. Spectacle's install was probably the best I saw, but it's a pain to look up and down while driving.

Why not the visor? The driver's visor restricts vison too much for me (I'm a gorilla) so the passenger side seemed best. The downside is that you can't re-program the screens without taking the unit out at least part way.

For the build I used 3/32 plastic sheet- this stuff is VERY hard to work with- it took me three tries cutting out the shape.

The visor has metal rods around the edges that needed to be ground/cut out when in the way- and taped to prevent shorting of the electrical connectors.

The foam inside the visor is really tough stuff- I had to be very careful and chip out a little at a time without accidentally going through the visor bottom.

I used sheet foam and electrical tape the 'flatten out' the back of the TV2 as best I could, and used a sheet of plastic inside the visor to keep anything from poking through:

I picked up the power/ground at the top control box under the dash (yellow wire on unpluged connector), and I had to cut and re-solder the connector cable (pain) to thread the cable through. It turned out better than I though it was going to...

Thanks to everyone here who posted up their 'trials' with getting this unit working with Kpro- It worked on the first try for me, except for the AFR reading. But I think that's b/c I rocking the stock primary swap thing now.

The pics:

Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The install looks nice, but the location really seems inconvenient.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM

I like it! Only if there was a way to make it more OEM'ish though. Like the felt material, but definitely digging it
Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ihiryu,Jan 6 2011, 02:32 PM
I like it! Only if there was a way to make it more OEM'ish though. Like the felt material, but definitely digging it
I just not that good at this stuff, but feel the same way- I thought about re-fabing the entire visor but I have no clue how to do it!

Driving with it is really nice- quick glance over to monitor...
Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put mine in the radio door, not that hard to see out of the corner of my eye, good job on custom work
Old 01-09-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't say its a bad idea in theory except for where you placed the buttons. I'm always changing screens and I shiver at the thought of having to reach across the car do it everytime I wanted to.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice...

Damn they need this for Flashpro
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StocS2k,Jan 10 2011, 06:41 PM
Nice...

Damn they need this for Flashpro
Huh? The FlashPro is just a reflash device. You don't even keep the FlashPro in the car except when you are actually reflashing the ECU. Once you've reflashed the OEM ECU, you unplog the FlashPro, and toss it in your drawer.

I'm not particularly familiar with the Tunerview II, but it looks similar to any of the OBDII / CAN products that display similar data, and datalog (Dash Hawk, etc.).
Old 01-11-2011, 11:35 AM

but you can see everything real time leaving it plugged in, and the flashpro to a laptop
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ihiryu,Jan 11 2011, 03:35 PM
but you can see everything real time leaving it plugged in, and the flashpro to a laptop
Yes, but why would you want to leave the FlashPro AND laptop hooked up all the time?

Quick Reply: Another Tunerview II install option