S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Will this amp and amp wiring kit be good?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah I am planning on running Infinity Kappa 6.5" components
Eclipse CD4000 head unit,
Infinity Kappa 10" sub
and then the Soundstream Van gogh amp.
Already bought the amp and I bought a 4 channel amp wiring kit from KnuKonceptz and the battery terminals.
Would this amp work with that head unit, speakers and sub?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is knuconceptz a vendor on here?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Do not believe so.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003,Apr 30 2008, 12:48 PM
Would this amp work with that head unit, speakers and sub?
Yeah you should have no problem as long as you can bridge two channels and leave the other two unbridged. Those amps were awesome for their time so I think it should be ok doing that and you'll be unlikely to trip protection.

Try to find a manual somewhere and see if it offers a 3 channel mode. If it doesn't do this, you should try to find a sub with dual voice coils like the infinity perfect 10d vq.

That headunit also has good preouts so you shouldn't have noise issues.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

The guy who sold me the amp said it can be bridged to the sub no problem and would work really well. So hopefully all will be good.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Former Moderator

I second Knukonceptz, but I would advise against the kit. Buy everything a-la-carte.

Get their best RCAs, their middle speaker wire, their regular power wire, etc. It won't make that much of a difference in price, but you will notice an increase in SQ. Moreover, you always want a little extra wiring, and these kits can leave you short...a REAL PITA when you are in the middle of your install, and realize you don't have enough of something.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,May 1 2008, 07:34 AM
I second Knukonceptz, but I would advise against the kit. Buy everything a-la-carte.

Get their best RCAs, their middle speaker wire, their regular power wire, etc. It won't make that much of a difference in price, but you will notice an increase in SQ. Moreover, you always want a little extra wiring, and these kits can leave you short...a REAL PITA when you are in the middle of your install, and realize you don't have enough of something.
OK well I already got the install kit so hopefully it will all be good. How does the sound system set up seem? Should everything work well together? The only thing else I need is the Modifry DCI cable or whatever it is called. Might get that later as I just spent a pretty good amount on all this stuff.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Looks like you're well on your way Ryan.

I would also have advised against the kit since you're likely to pay more than it would cost to get the components a-la-carte and you'll have too much of something and possibly not enough of something else.

That said, the amp/hu/components looks good. If you haven't picked up the sub yet, I would advise looking into a different sub. There are better subs out there than the Infinity for approx the same price...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks,May 1 2008, 02:00 PM
Looks like you're well on your way Ryan.

I would also have advised against the kit since you're likely to pay more than it would cost to get the components a-la-carte and you'll have too much of something and possibly not enough of something else.

That said, the amp/hu/components looks good. If you haven't picked up the sub yet, I would advise looking into a different sub. There are better subs out there than the Infinity for approx the same price...
AHhh oh well. I already got the sub. I'm sure it will be fine for what I am needing. My first after market souund system and I'm sure it will be a night and day difference from what I have now. The stock system is really horrible, especially with the top down I cannot hear anything at all.

PS still interested in helping with an install?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

Yeah, I'm down for that.

Let me know when you've got everything and we'll figure out a good time

Quick Reply: Will this amp and amp wiring kit be good?