S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Will this amp and amp wiring kit be good?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Will this amp and amp wiring kit be good?

Well I think I know what I am getting for the most part.
I will be getting an Eclipse cd4000 or cd3100. I will get some Infinity Kappa 6.5 components, an Infinity Kappa 10" sub, custom sub box enclosure from ebay.

How would that one be for the two components and one 10" sub in the trunk.

For all the wiring would this amp install kit be all I need? Do I still need to get battery terminals and all? Not sure if the terminals mentioned in this kit are the battery terminals or not.
What do you think?Amp install kit.

Here is the AMP I am thinking of getting if it is any good.

Infinity amp.

Let me know what you think Thanks----Ryan.

Edit: For some reason the AMP link isn't working. The AMP I am talking about is; INFINITY 7541A 4 CHANNEL
656 WATT POWER AMPLIFIER
It's the reference series. It is at a buy it now of $122 brand new so just wondering. I know Infinity is a good brand so don't know if some of their amps suck or what now.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

knukonceptz is awesome.
great quality products for great prices.

you can just buy directly from thier site though, (knukonceptz.com)
because they ship really fast (i recieve my packages in 2-3 days normally)
Old 04-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Former Sponsor

OK cool. Do you know or anyone else know if the amp wiring kit comes with everything needed? If not what else would I need?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:15 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No that amp won't work well unless you're planning on running a Dual Voice Coil sub and only sending ~100 watts to each coil.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Ok which amp thats not tooo expensive would be good for just the two components and then one 10" sub?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Also how much wire and what wire do I need to wire back to the sub? Do I just need to get more speaker wire and then also power and ground? Or what? I will be buying that 4 channel amp installation kit as well as negative and positive battery terminals, but just want to make sure what else i need to install the sub.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

OK nevermind about the amp I just bought a Soundstream Van Gogh 4 channel amp from a member on here. Should be a great amp for my set up.
Still wondering about the sub wiring however.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM

Member (Premium)

I'm having a little bit of trouble following your gear. Can you post make and model for everything you're using and describe what is powering which piece.

If that 4 channel amp is your sub amp, you're going to have to bridge it to two channels... And the sub will need to have two voice coils to be powered by those two channels. You can't run two channels to one voice coil. You COULD only use one channel but that'd be a waste. Also, have you factored in resistance? A soundstream amp will not run at 2 ohms bridged. Basically you need a 10" 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil sub if your amp is a 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels at 4 ohms.

What is powering your component speakers exactly? I'd also like to know the exact headunit model so I can see what kind of preouts it has.

I don't know any specifics on S2000 wiring lengths as I just bought the car so I can't help you with your wire length, but I know a bit about audio and wiring in general. I'd imagine that any amp kit will have the proper terminals, fuses, etc. that you'll need.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he's planning on having two channels run the components and bridging the other two channels to run the sub.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Member (Premium)

Oh yeah, duh. Good catch, my brain is off today. I was way off on those amps too. Those Van Goghs are oldschool soundstream and should be stable with a really low load.

Quick Reply: Will this amp and amp wiring kit be good?