S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

whats the biggest speakers that fit with some moddification

Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kcrew
Originally Posted by darkknight1999' timestamp='1351424355' post='22113374
Most 6.5 speakers will fit just fine. With a little work on your part you can fit a 6.75 speaker but its not as easy. Anything larger require true custom work.

Oh and you can't have loud 'bassy' music without a sub... just saying...

If your taking the time to add an amp just get a 4 channel run the 2 front channels for the front doors and bridge the rear channels to run a sub. The difference is night and day.
Curious, how do you get "bassy" without a sub? I tried everything and nothing compares to having a 12" box in the trunk. Took out the shelf because it was playing Mexican jumping beans to the music.

I did the 4 channel amp for 2 door speakers and 2 behind the seats speakers and bridged a sub-amp through the sum inputs. Works brilliantly.

Took a week to eliminate my horrible engine whine and figured out it was due to some faulty Monster RCA cables.

I followed your How-to wire FYI and it helped tons. Thank you darknight1999.
Which is why I said "can't" lol Glad it helped

Engine whine can also have a LOT to do with an improperly ground system. You have to have a good ground. Sand the paint away from where ever your going to locate the ground lug to bare metal, make sure its either on the chassis or the frame work of the car.... not the sheet metal.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darkknight1999
Originally Posted by s2kcrew' timestamp='1352571571' post='22142759
[quote name='darkknight1999' timestamp='1351424355' post='22113374']
Most 6.5 speakers will fit just fine. With a little work on your part you can fit a 6.75 speaker but its not as easy. Anything larger require true custom work.

If your taking the time to add an amp just get a 4 channel run the 2 front channels for the front doors and bridge the rear channels to run a sub. The difference is night and day.
Curious, how do you get "bassy" without a sub? I tried everything and nothing compares to having a 12" box in the trunk. Took out the shelf because it was playing Mexican jumping beans to the music.

I did the 4 channel amp for 2 door speakers and 2 behind the seats speakers and bridged a sub-amp through the sum inputs. Works brilliantly.

Took a week to eliminate my horrible engine whine and figured out it was due to some faulty Monster RCA cables.

Which is why I said "can't" /> lol Glad it helped />

Engine whine can also have a LOT to do with an improperly ground system. You have to have a good ground. Sand the paint away from where ever your going to locate the ground lug to bare metal, make sure its either on the chassis or the frame work of the car.... not the sheet metal.
[/quote]

Yeah, I made sure each amp had it's own separate ground. Kept the grounds 4ga and short. Sanded down to bare paint. And still it whined. I was going to reground the HU as well went it dawned on me that maybe it's the new RCA jacks. Even a ground isolator loop didn't help. Put in some high quality twisted RCAs and voila. Pure joy!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by s2kcrew
Originally Posted by darkknight1999' timestamp='1352759107' post='22146350
[quote name='s2kcrew' timestamp='1352571571' post='22142759']
[quote name='darkknight1999' timestamp='1351424355' post='22113374']

Which is why I said "can't" />/> lol Glad it helped />/>

[/quote]

Yeah, I made sure each amp had it's own separate ground. Kept the grounds 4ga and short. Sanded down to bare paint. And still it whined. I was going to reground the HU as well went it dawned on me that maybe it's the new RCA jacks. Even a ground isolator loop didn't help. Put in some high quality twisted RCAs and voila. Pure joy! />
[/quote]

Sweet
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I couldn't be happier with my foot-well sub from 2bigforaS2000. With a 10-inch sub, and a small powerful 5-channel amp sitting in my spare tire's well, I lost no trunk space, only a few inches in the foot-well that my girlfriend won't miss, and sound that you can hear clearly at highway speeds with the top down. The 5 1/4 component speakers in the S-Pods sound and look good to me, too. It's all more sound and power that the S needs. And there's no trunk rattle from the sub.

Dude, upgrade your head unit, too. The factory HU is not very good at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Will 2.75" mounting depth speakers fit with spacers? I'm planning on getting either Image Dynamics CTX65 speakers or Hybrid Audio Technologies. Will the tweeters clear the factory location?