S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

what would you say is..

Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. You want top of the line? Look for Eclipse CD7200mkII or Alpine (CDA - 9887 I believe) or Pioneer Premier's highest (880PRS I believe) HU.

McIntosh and/or Sinfoni and/or Genesis and/or Audison would be the top of the line amplifiers.

Speakers are very much individual taste, but you'd be looking into Rainbow, Focal, Hertz, DLS, Dynaudio, or Morels.

Wiring, I'd say go with KnuKonceptz (www.knukonceptz.com). But, if you want to drop the $$$ for the top end, Audison makes wiring under the brand name "Audison Connection" (www.audison.eu)

Now, if you want best you can afford at a set price range, that's a different story.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM

I have the CDA-9887 but note the face does not have an electric flip-down. I think It would bother me more if I played a lot of discs.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the WAY late post i was just looking at this again for info
and realized i skipped over a question

you guys asked what i have at home
which im sure is not even close to the best
but i was in a rush and the deal was pretty great

no matter what u really say
i love em lol

i have a klipsch system
which i just went to the website for and its not on it anymore

oh well
would it be a good idea to maybe stick to one brand for everything i do??
or is it just fine mix and matching?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you're hoping to achieve but there's not much to gain IMO by sticking to one brand unless you're able to get super discount pricing for a particular brand.

Again, you need to qualify what you mean by "best" or you're going to get recommendations that are out of your budget or intended for music that's nothing like what you listen to.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 AM

I would mix and match. One brand that makes great amps doesn't necessarily make great components. Again, its a matter of listening preference. You are not going to get sq or spl quality out of the convertible and stock speaker locations. Depends on what you are aiming for. This guy has listed some quality parts already.

Ok. You want top of the line? Look for Eclipse CD7200mkII or Alpine (CDA - 9887 I believe) or Pioneer Premier's highest (880PRS I believe) HU.

McIntosh and/or Sinfoni and/or Genesis and/or Audison would be the top of the line amplifiers.

Speakers are very much individual taste, but you'd be looking into Rainbow, Focal, Hertz, DLS, Dynaudio, or Morels.

Wiring, I'd say go with KnuKonceptz (www.knukonceptz.com). But, if you want to drop the $$$ for the top end, Audison makes wiring under the brand name "Audison Connection" (www.audison.eu)
A couple amps that I would add are Arc Audio and Zapco.

Component wise, the speaker brands that he listed are some of the best out there. I'm looking at morel tempo 6 or hertz hsk165 right now for reference. You might want to take a listen at either to set a baseline of how nice you want your components to sound.

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Arc Audio's old stuff is great, as is Zapco. But the newer stuff, while still high quality, isn't as good as Audison Thesis, McIntosh or Sinfoni...
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks,Nov 12 2008, 04:01 PM
Arc Audio's old stuff is great, as is Zapco. But the newer stuff, while still high quality, isn't as good as Audison Thesis, McIntosh or Sinfoni...
Comparing a Thesis to an ARC is like comparing a Murcielago to a S2000. Why even bother? The price between the these 2 are leagues apart. There are a few amps that sound better than the Thesis for cheaper.

Depending which older ARC you're referring to, most of them were crap anyway.

Im curious to know if you've performed a blind AB test with amplifiers.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AutoSid,Nov 12 2008, 09:44 AM
sorry for the WAY late post i was just looking at this again for info
and realized i skipped over a question

you guys asked what i have at home
which im sure is not even close to the best
but i was in a rush and the deal was pretty great

no matter what u really say
i love em lol

i have a klipsch system
which i just went to the website for and its not on it anymore

oh well
would it be a good idea to maybe stick to one brand for everything i do??
or is it just fine mix and matching?
I always hear people say, i want my car to sound like what i have at home. The key is the installation and tuning of the system. Home audio will always sound better than Car audio and theres 2 main reasons, the listening environment is much more forgiving. The cabinets and crossovers were designed and tuned for that speaker.

Easy example, take your home setup, disassemble the speakers and mount them to a flat board, then, stick them in a 4'x6'x4' room and listen to them. It would be a miracle if they sound anything like before. Thats pretty much what Car Audio is. Is it possible to make it sound decent or pretty good, yes, but youre gonna have to install them differently and tune the crap out of it.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by SebringDemon,Nov 17 2008, 02:34 PM
Comparing a Thesis to an ARC is like comparing a Murcielago to a S2000. Why even bother? The price between the these 2 are leagues apart. There are a few amps that sound better than the Thesis for cheaper.

Depending which older ARC you're referring to, most of them were crap anyway.

Im curious to know if you've performed a blind AB test with amplifiers.
Um, I compared them because someone else added them as High end amps?

Reading the thread pwns you?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks,Nov 17 2008, 12:32 PM
Um, I compared them because someone else added them as High end amps?

Reading the thread pwns you?
Ummm, no. Read the thread again. You made the comparison on your own.

If you can find the first reference of the Thesis by someone other than yourself, please quote it.

Quick Reply: what would you say is..