S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Well 2006 is here...

Old 01-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well 2006 is here...

Well we've had quite a year here haven't we...

Well to the EJ's that have been around a while and to the new faces, Let's have a great year!

There's a couple of things I would like to get done this year. I would like to get as many 'How-to's' in one spot as possible, all listed out(most likely at the very top of the FAQ thread that Phil has keep up with a does a great job with). I'll be writing a few new ones, as well as going through and adding some new info to my older ones so that they are more complete.

I've been checking out a few other sites trying to get ideas about what might be the best why to arrange the vast amount of info we have compiled over the years. I've found a few ways that might fit the bill.

Most of the newer people we have come through here don't do the research they should... then tend to just keep asking the same questions over and over. So I think its time we reconfigure the info so its easier for the noob to find the answers they seek. We have a vast amount of info that appartantly they don't want to read for whatever reason. So I want to make it as easy as possible for them. This will do a few things for all of us:
1. It will cut down on a lot of the same questions over and over.
2. Keep all the info so many people have worked hard to contribute in a very easy, accessible location.
3. The noob will take the time to read the info before posting questions like "what speakers should I get" Don't even get me started...
4. I want the noob's to be comfortable but I don't want the same questions burning out the EJ's or others that help out here... and yes reading the same questions can drive people crazy... trust me I know

Moving on:

Next I want to make sure that we finally have our EJ's meet... we've been talking about it for what seems like forever. I want this to happen this year.

And last but certainly not least and should be first LETS HAVE FUN!!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 04:08 AM

Old 01-12-2006, 05:20 AM

Do we have a format for how-to's? Or is it just how ever we want to do them?

I have a quicky I'm going to write up soon on installing an AVX-1 (just because it's not standard) and still have the radio door shut (without mod'ing the door itself).

Once I can get the images off of my girls cam I'll work on the writeup.

I could also pull my amp rack back out and do a quicky on that, but I think it's been done and my rack was built for my amp. Won't work to well for one that's not the same size.

Only thing of note on the amp rack is it uses the same bolt to hold it in that the spare tire uses, no drilling or anything.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

link me to the How-To's and i'll put them into the FAQ.

now, what to do about making a quick summary? i'm not sure -- perhaps a Basic FAQ and Advanced FAQ? pull the top 10 questions out and then link to the Advanced FAQ for other questions?

i THINK i could split it out that way...
Old 01-13-2006, 07:19 AM

That is a great idea Phil. I can help you with that. I think that's what we need to do. We just seem to get the same questions over and over again... and its not that I mind helping the noob's but if they want help they need to take the time to do a little research and I think the easier we make the less "what should I do first"
Old 01-13-2006, 08:11 AM

Something like this would also limit the number of "use search" responses that'd be posted back at them. A lot of times it just seems rude (I know it isn't meant that way and it does get frustrating doing a search for them) when that's the only response they get. Instead we could just point them to the list of questions.

[NOTE: the search does work, every time I've read "search is busted" I've clicked on the link and it's worked for me, usually it's just part of it that's broke and, usually, it's just the search box at the top of the page.]

Also, maybe post a list of questions we need write-ups for and some people can work on them when they get a chance?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:32 AM

i've been busy at work, so i haven't touched this.....

umm...

?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:36 AM

I've added some new stuff but I also have a few others working on a few "How-To's" for the community as well.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

yo darkknight1999,

Not sure what qualifications are needed to be an "EJ" but I'll be more than happy to contribute from time to time since I own/run a euro tuning shop specializing in "007" type stuff for the bay area and not new to car audio or the s2000

Picked up my 2nd s2000 just recently and going to be modding it extensively just like our other shop demo cars like the m3 you see in my sig so perhaps I can help out here as well.

We don't sell anything but rather provide install services for the bay area guys who need it.

I may need to pick up some speed on wiring diagrams from you veterans but will try to contribute when I can.

I've already done some pretty trick custom work in terms of doing a stealth V-1 install in the s2000 along with underdash lighting which I see a big thread on now...haha (let me know if you want me to post pics)

Thanks to many of you experts in the sound-proofing area - that definitely helps me out

Euro cars are put together like tanks compared to the s2000 which is why I love working on Japanese cars!

Rick

rick
Old 01-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by s4play,Jan 30 2006, 05:31 PM
Euro cars are put together like tanks compared to the s2000 which is why I love working on Japanese cars!

Rick

rick
I wouldnt say like tanks. I like to use the word...."over-engineered."

Its not that an m3 is tougher than an s2000 as to how things are put on (Ive worked on many of each, and the s2000 is no picnic when everything is new)...its more of Honda uses 2 screws, and BMW uses 5. Audi is even worse. This is done by german companies because they absolutely dont want you to touch anything, thus making it as difficult as possible.