S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Turning off horn acknowledgement of lock/unlock

Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turning off horn acknowledgement of lock/unlock

Hello,

I have a MY00 with the factory keyless entry system. I have searched and searched for an answer on turning off the damn horn acknowledgement for every time I lock or unlock the car. I have tried every key fob button combination including the "Hold lock/trunk", I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the unit, and I have tried reprogramming the key fob again as well as resetting the key fob. I am about one more day from disconnecting the horn. The manual doesn't seem to have any information.

What pisses me off the most is that the car did this crap when I first bought it. I left for deployment and the battery died while I was gone. When I came back and charged the battery up, the obnoxious horn honk was gone and life was all butterflies and unicorns. Then, on this past deployment, the battery died again, only this time when I recharged the car the beep is back. This is what led me to try disconnecting the battery. I left the negative cable off for a few minutes. It was enough to reset the ECU.

I am out of ideas though still searching. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming this only happens when you click the lock button twice, which is normal operation? If it happens on first click, I would imagine a faulty keyless entry module to be the culprit.

If you click it once, the alarm still sets and doors are locked. Just don't hit it a second time. The horn pulse is there for audible confirmation that the car received the signal from the Key fob (for instance on a sunny day when you can't see the parking lights flash). J

But if for whatever reason you need to click it twice, you could pull the 3rd pin (orange wire) out of the keyless entry module. Or cut the wire. That grounds the horn for the alarm, but does not affect normal horn operation.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 PM

This ^ But yea if for some reason it honks on first click something might not be right, but if you just want a quick fix technically you could cut the horn wire coming off the keyless module.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Yea it definitely happens on the first click... So, replace the keyless module? It works just fine otherwise...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Hello,

I have a MY00 with the factory keyless entry system. I have searched and searched for an answer on turning off the damn horn acknowledgement for every time I lock or unlock the car. I have tried every key fob button combination including the "Hold lock/trunk", I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the unit, and I have tried reprogramming the key fob again as well as resetting the key fob. I am about one more day from disconnecting the horn. The manual doesn't seem to have any information.

What pisses me off the most is that the car did this crap when I first bought it. I left for deployment and the battery died while I was gone. When I came back and charged the battery up, the obnoxious horn honk was gone and life was all butterflies and unicorns. Then, on this past deployment, the battery died again, only this time when I recharged the car the beep is back. This is what led me to try disconnecting the battery. I left the negative cable off for a few minutes. It was enough to reset the ECU.

I am out of ideas though still searching. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Instruction to turn it off is actually written in the back of ur keyfub. But if u can seem to see it all u have to do is hold the lock and option/trunk for 3 seconds and u will see a red light flash twice. If u do the same thing it will activate the annoying sound hope that helps