S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

For those with Proximity Sensors with OEM alarm

Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with Proximity Sensors with OEM alarm

ive been reading all these proximity sensor threads... i know most proximity sensors have 2 wires (besides the + and - wires, so 4 total) and they are for dual stage where first it sends warning then after some repeated attempts it will send a full intrusion signal.

so since you use the hood pin input on the oem alarm to wire the prox. sensor, so does your alarm go off full blast when the prox. sensor detects a motion, like stick your hand in the cabin for the first time?? coz there is really no input on the oem to sense a warning signal from the prox. sensor nor it can give warning at all.

how did you wire your dual stage prox sensor?? i want something to give warning signal first then go off after multiple attempts. i have a solution for this already but i wanna know what you guys did.

thanks

Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 PM

The one I had (DEI), had two "zones". Imagine two circular shaped areas. One big and a smaller one inside it. The large circle is the outer zone and would chirp the alarm if broken. The inner circle would set the alrm fully off if broken. It was so hard to get set up right I disabled it. Too sensitve and someone parking next to you or passing gas too close would set it off. Too much the other way and someone could unbolt your seats before the thing chirped. Waste of time IMO, unless there are better setups out there.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 PM

i dont think you understood my question, so how did you get to chirp the oem alarm when you connect the green wire to the hood input of the oem alarm? coz that input only does full trigger.

i heard when people install the deo 580D, they only use the full trigger (blue wire) since the hood input only does full trigger anyway.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 AM

Must have been a different alarm system. My unit had a separate 4pin plug for the sensor. The hood input was for the hood. You should post your brand/model of alarm/sensor if you are looking for instructions on settig up a specific unit.

The point I was trying to get across was that the sensors are useless.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:27 AM

I had a prox sensor in my Probe. Took me about 10 minutes to set it up, most of that time was spent testing it.

It wouldn't go off when someone parked next to it, it would beep if someone got to close to the car (around one foot). If they didn't move away from the car after the first round of beeps it would likely go off.

The inner ring would go off if I had left the window down and someone reached in the car. It would beep as they walked up and then go nuts once they reached into the car.

It does take a take some practice to set these things up (I was working as an installer then so I had done a few) but, IMO, they're worth it.

You can also connect it to things like window modules to raise windows when it goes off.

Parts for a good alarm system, imo, are as follows:
Good base system
Remote window module
Back up battery
Prox sensor
Second siren
Second LED
Hood pin

Two LED's shows you have a custom install.

Second horn is a pezo pain generator type hidden inside the car, pointed at the driverside footwell. This makes the thieves lives hell.

Back up battery in case they manage to get the car battery disconnected before they go after the alarm.

The window module is just nice to have.