S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Sony MEX-BT2600 Bluetooth Issues....

Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony MEX-BT2600 Bluetooth Issues....

Hey guys. I just ordered a Sony MEX-BT2600 Receiver. It has bluetooth built in with a built in microphone so you can just talk in calls without using a headset. For some reason my Samsung sch-i760 cell phone or Samsung yp-p2 MP3 player don't read the head unit when searching for a nearby bluetooth unit. This was my first install of a stereo but the head unit works fine besides that. It lights up when turning the car on, the am/fm works, the cd player, aux connection. I just don't see what's wrong. Neither of the devices I listed are on the compatibility test but I'm almost positive they should work.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about Sony, but some units require you to turn on the bluetooth and search for the phone at the same time the phone is looking for it.

Also, whos your carrier? I was told it was more of a carrier issue, not the phone model if it doesnt work. Verizon is the worst for compatibility.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM

I have verizon but why would that effect it? It's just the device looking for the bluetooth stereo. Yeah I did have the bluetooth on while I told the phone to search for it but I guess I could try turning it on while it's searching at the same time but I don't think that's what needs to be done.

I also have a Samsung YP-P2 bluetooth mp3 player that doesn't seem to be working with it either. I think it's kinda strange that they both don't work.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by urbanglowcam,Apr 11 2008, 03:45 AM
Hey guys. I just ordered a Sony MEX-BT2600 Receiver. It has bluetooth built in with a built in microphone so you can just talk in calls without using a headset. For some reason my Samsung sch-i760 cell phone or Samsung yp-p2 MP3 player don't read the head unit when searching for a nearby bluetooth unit. This was my first install of a stereo but the head unit works fine besides that. It lights up when turning the car on, the am/fm works, the cd player, aux connection. I just don't see what's wrong. Neither of the devices I listed are on the compatibility test but I'm almost positive they should work.
I think you answered your own question already buddy.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 AM

Yeah but that doesn't always mean mine aren't compatible. Maybe it just wasn't tested.

Update: I got both my phone and mp3 player to work and I love it! The audio quality is just as good as with a direct line aux cable. The phone quality is good too, I had someone test it and they said they could hear me on the receiving end and if I turned it up I could hear pretty well (a little crackly).

The problem was I wasn't putting it into bluetooth pairing mode. You have to calibrate them before you can just turn on bluetooth and have the devices see them.

It's cool too cuz whenever someone calls it automatically turns your music off and rings for you to answer your call.