S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Someone Please Help!!!!!

Old 03-23-2003, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Please Help!!!!!

I just finished installing a lot of audio equipment, inculding amps. I re-connected the battery and went to test if everythign worked. There was a lot of crackling coming from the speakers. So i figured either I hooked something up wrong, etc. Well I went back to check my connections which included pulling back out my head unit and checking the RCA connection. Which by the way I have a Alpine 7995. Well I checked those and went to test the system out again... THE HEAD UNIT STOPPED WORKING. I mean... nothing... completely dead.

Well then I went and check anotehr cord didn't come out and disconnected the head unit. Everything looked the same. I tried again... nothing. I then went and got my old head unit, and connected that. The alarm button was flashing but the unit wouldn't come on.

I also checked the fuse. and it's fine.

Please someone help!!! I am so frustrated.

Tyler
Old 03-23-2003, 03:22 PM

which fuse did you check? are you using a wiring harness? did you try it without anything connected to the HU?
Old 03-23-2003, 03:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blew a fuse...
Old 03-23-2003, 05:44 PM

I checked the 15A fuse in the interior box, should I check another? It was fine but if there's another one I didn't check. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2003, 05:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The Stock headuint has anti theft feature. You have to input a code to get it to work once power is lost.

Also there should be an in-line fuse on the Alpine harness for the power lead.

Ok, can you tell us what you installed and what connections you made, using what?

Apline CDA-7995 Head unit with harness (Lucid or other) Soldered connections or crimped?
Old 03-23-2003, 06:14 PM

Using a harness best buy sells. It worked fine yesterday. It worked fine earlier today. But after I tried figuring out my Amplifier and speaker problem it completely stopped working. The in line fuse I checked as well. It's fine. I'm stumped. But I may just take it all to Best Buy tomorrow and get them to work it all out. It may just be easier that way.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

So the stock head unit works, correct? If that is the case, your problem is in the connections between you headunit and the harness. If you crimped them, they could have come loose when you removed the headuint to trouble shoot.

How/Where did you run the RCA cables to the amp? How/Where did you run the power to the amp? How did you ground the amp?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:24 PM

The stock head unit didn't work. The alarm red light came on and blinked but i couldn't turn the radio on. Very strange.

The RCA cables were run down the drivers side of the car. The 12V power cord run down the passenger side. Grounded on a nut in the back of the car.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:27 PM

by radio i mean... when i tried to turn the factory head unit on.. nothing happened... no illumination, nothing.. it seemed like there was no power running to it
Old 03-23-2003, 08:11 PM

test the power line going to your radio with a voltmeter, if there's no reading, you have a blown fuse somewhere along the line

Quick Reply: Someone Please Help!!!!!