S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Sirius Radio

Old 10-29-2005, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been enjoying SIRIUS through the Sportster 2 [portable plug 'n play.] It was a compromise choice based on value. Anntenae is in the [alleged that it exists] secret compartment. Tuner module is kept in sliding drawer between the seats ['05.] There are newer and smaller units which may be even more flush.

I have two wires visible, and the power plug. I'm sure if I were inventive and motivated I could hide them better. I do pull the equipment between two cars, so there's some logic to my stealth laziness. Still, it takes all of a minute to put everything in the glove box when parked.

It's difficult to read the radio display iin the drawer in this set-up. That's not a worry. I have my favourite stations, and can click on the unit between them. When the display is important, I move it out of the sliding drawer, and rest it between the gear shift/radio door. It's very stable there up to 8 out of 10 on the spirited driving meter.

Positive: FM transmitter is extremely good in both cars [one is a tin top.] My commute involves driving by FM stations which normally wash away every radio channel. I hear some spotting, but it's a slight background noise kind of thing. Significantly better than any iPod transmitter I've used.

Negative: Display is too bright, and doesn't dim enough. I'm sure for other people this may be a positive. For me, it's a bit too distracting during night time useage.

I'd recommend this setup as a great entry into SIRIUS. Especially, if you have a second car or want to use the unit in your home. However, if you're going S2000 car specific, you could probably spend the same amount to upgrade your head unit, place the antennae in the sc, and be done.