S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Sirius Radio

Old 07-02-2005, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure you can get a DCI from the go fast lab on this site.

The Go Fast Lab
Old 07-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kev1025,Mar 21 2005, 08:55 PM
I just bought a '05 S2000 last week and would like to add Sirius to the factory HU. A rep at Honda advised me that Alpine supplies Honda radios for the S.
My question is this? Does honda use Alpine's AiNET for the XM radio? If so, can I buy an Alpine Sirius receiver and used with the stock head unit.

New to the site so any help on this is much appreciated.
Don't plug anything into that POS head unit...

I changed the speakers and things were even worse. Just put in a Pioneer HU and "Oh my God" is all I can say....

Change that HU first!! What good is satellite radio into a 7WRMS HU???
Old 07-02-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kev1025,Mar 28 2005, 08:07 PM
Tech support at soundgate advised me that they do not have any adapter to connect the HU to a Sirius receiver.

I received a call from Honda today and the rep told me that the radio is made by Clarion. I will try to buy a Clarion tuner and see if its compatible with the existing HU. I will keep this thread alive as this may help other members of the forum.
they know jack.

I know that at least one of the radios in the 00-03 model year (probably all of them) were made by MATSUSHITA...they own panasonic.

BUT, they used a derivative of the Alpine AiNET interface.

confusing, huh.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:27 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on the placement of the satellite antenna? I think putting it on the trunk doesn't look very good but that is the only place I've heard. Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 PM

havn't a couple people mounted them on the underside of the trunk? i would love to hear any way to do that.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:44 AM

I don't know why everybody is ripping apart Sirius, I've had both (which most people that give their opinions on these types of things have only had one or the other)... Yeah XM didn't seem to cut out as much, but I also have the antenna mounted in a different location (not on the top of the roof, as that's why my XM was stolen... the insurance replacement installer said it screamed "GPS or nice radio in this vehicle, break into me!" But when they replaced my stereo they went with a headunit controlled sat radio which was Sirius (Kenwood HU) so I had to switch.

Personally I like listening to Sirius better because their playlist is smaller, but large enough to not be too repetative. XM played a lot of underground kind of crap that was just that... crap!

XM's weather/traffic was better though, I don't even use Sirius for that... but I do like being able to goto sirius.com while at work and listen to the same music I would normally listen to in my vehicle. Or you could do this at home, then you don't need a home tuner, just hook your computer up to the stereo. XM didn't offer this when I used them, but may now.

Hope this helps shed some light on the subject for anybody that looks to this thread and says "oh, is XM really that much better" without getting the full view...

As far as mounting the antenna, if I put one in my S, I'll probably try to fit it into the pillar or I was thinking under the plastic piece that the top folds down onto... This isn't really obstructed by any large metal parts, just the top support bars when it's up (and if you place it properly, nothing but fabric/plastic when the top is down)... Has anybody tried this?
-Doug
Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 PM

Hi, I have my antenna locatedin the secret compartment, works very well. Others have mounted it on the dash and the windshield. On the top of the trunk lid is "OK" but looks bad. I distrust the underside of the trunk as the trunk is a shield, some listers do use it thoughg.
Andy
Old 10-27-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by kev1025,Mar 21 2005, 11:55 PM
I just bought a '05 S2000 last week and would like to add Sirius to the factory HU. A rep at Honda advised me that Alpine supplies Honda radios for the S.
My question is this? Does honda use Alpine's AiNET for the XM radio? If so, can I buy an Alpine Sirius receiver and used with the stock head unit.

New to the site so any help on this is much appreciated.
I had Sirius put in mine - It was the Alpine. Stand-by for extra $$. It's a few hundred for the radio, 100.0 for the Sat radio adapter, and 150 for another device, not sure what that does. AND the killer is, your left-hand controls will stop working, unless you get another adapter for about 100 bucks. The problem is that adapter is not readily available at your standard install shop (Best Buy, etc) and you need someone who knows what their doing (I'm trying to find someone now).

It is nice though...

PL
Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=wrkn4livn,Oct 27 2005, 11:05 AM]I had Sirius put in mine - It was the Alpine.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:29 AM

I tried mounting my XM antenna on the underside of the trunk but got no reception.

I've got XM in the car and Sirius at home (through dish network, so I can't speak to reception issues). It probably depends on what kind of music you like, but if I had to choose, I'd probably give the edge to Sirius for content for what I listen to. XM isn't bad, but I end up doing a lot more channel surfing to find stuff I want to hear. I think Doug had a good point...deeper playlist doesn't necessarily mean better music.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio