S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

S2000 Navigation system

Old 02-04-2005 | 06:31 AM

Default S2000 Navigation system

hi i was looking at some pictures on the net, and i saw this one where the guy had a navigation system installed in his s2000. i was just wondering if anyone knew what company made this, or if it's a real honda Navigation system. I wanted to get one for my s2000 but because of the radio door, you can't really install anything that will fold out therefore the idea of a screen is not good. Do any of you guys have screens in your s2000? Can you please post pictures if you do.

Thanks a lot guys

Dave

(i want to add the picture, but i don't know how to do it... i saved it on my computer... what do i do?)
Old 02-04-2005 | 06:34 AM

I found a picture on the s2ki.com...

it's at this address:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=m...d=si&img=182015
Old 02-04-2005 | 10:49 AM

I believe the nav system for the S2000 is only available in Japan. I know you can't get it in the US. Here's a pic of mine. The mounting bracket / bezel was hand made by the installer. The equipment is all Alpine.

Old 02-04-2005 | 05:58 PM

hi, i like your setup, do you remember the place where you got the brackets from because i would like to buy one so that i can install it in my s2000.

What kind of screen & brain are you using for the navigation?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 02-05-2005 | 03:48 AM

Dave: The Nav system and the monitor are both made by Alpine. My installer dosent sell just the mounting bracket by itself. The bracket is made completely by hand, so you must have the car at his shop to do it. Unfortunately there is no mold or anything like that for it. The whole thing isn't cheap either. Be prepared to shell out about $3000.00 for it.

Here's a link to Alpines website. Alpine USA
Old 02-05-2005 | 08:16 AM

Geez 3000$ That's a little pricey. I saw the navigation component and the screen running around 1000$ USD, as far as the install goes, i could do that myself. I just need a mold like you have to hold the screen....

It's strange because so far, every picture of an s2000 that i saw which had a navigation in it had the same molding to hold the screen. I know for a fact that they sell a carbon fiber one, (which i don't like) for around 200$, i just have to find a regular (non-carbon fiber one).

Thanks a lot for you help.

Other then that, how is the navigation working out for you? Would you install again if had the chance?

Dave
Old 02-06-2005 | 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by nazaracing' date='Feb 5 2005, 01:16 PM
It's strange because so far, every picture of an s2000 that i saw which had a navigation in it had the same molding to hold the screen. I know for a fact that they sell a carbon fiber one, (which i don't like) for around 200$, i just have to find a regular (non-carbon fiber one)
Actually, while they all appear the same, they are not. The Honda OEM satnav screen I believe is a 5.8" screen, and has specific dimensions. The carbon fiber one from Mastergrade is also only designed to hold a specific type/brand of screen. Because of nuiances of screen size and depth, but more importantly the surrounding casing size, you won't be able to fit any screen into any molding.

When I do it, I'm going to use the Alpine 6.5" touchscreen monitor. Some people have used Pioneer monitors. Either way, you will have to have a custom molding made for the screen to fit flush, and look OEM (which is what most people here have done, and why they all look the same).
Old 02-06-2005 | 04:30 PM

If you don't like the Mastergrade screen because it's CF, just paint it. Of course if you don't like the shape you're out of luck.
Old 02-06-2005 | 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by nazaracing' date='Feb 5 2005, 12:16 PM

It's strange because so far, every picture of an s2000 that i saw which had a navigation in it had the same molding to hold the screen. I know for a fact that they sell a carbon fiber one, (which i don't like) for around 200$, i just have to find a regular (non-carbon fiber one).

Thanks a lot for you help.

Other then that, how is the navigation working out for you? Would you install again if had the chance?

Dave
You have probably seen alot of pic's from my car as well as another member Mikes2K. Both of us had them done at the same installer, therefore they look alike. Another member had one done in VA. He took pic's of Mikes car to show his installer. His look's slightly different from ours.

The nav itself works great. Would I do it again? Absolutely!
Old 02-06-2005 | 07:49 PM

here's my setup....

Quick Reply: S2000 Navigation system