S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

S2000 audio/video systems

Old 10-17-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope no one takes this the wrong way because I'm not hating on you,... but why the heck would you mount that thing in the dash like that?? It just looks completely out of place... and I can totally appreciate the work that goes into building that box and designing a system... but why in the dash? Why not just stuff that thing in the trunk?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Oct 17 2005, 10:41 AM
I hope no one takes this the wrong way because I'm not hating on you,... but why the heck would you mount that thing in the dash like that?? It just looks completely out of place... and I can totally appreciate the work that goes into building that box and designing a system... but why in the dash? Why not just stuff that thing in the trunk?
I knew it was a joke
Its pretty obvious that this will not work with the stock system

The processors have a real time display of the entire audio spectrum did not want to hide that in the trunk.
+ with the setup in the dash it provides and easy way to control each of the RCA signal voltages on the fly namely the bass volume.

Yes I could have used the Boston bass volume control but that
Old 10-28-2005, 11:41 PM

Just finished installing the tweeters!

Full System with pics!

Thanks!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by deppenma,Aug 14 2005, 05:21 PM
Finally did it guys cut the dash in a major way.

Not quite complete yet I still need to make the carbon fiber trim plate.
The processors made the system sound 400% better. Boston GT-50, Boston Z6 Carbonfiber compoents, custom Sub enclouser 6 x 6.5inch subs (slot port), Alpine head unit and Alpine Pro Bass shakers one under each seat.
Sound staging is amazing; the vocals have more realism and the base has more depth and punch.

Still need to make the speaker rings to hid the mounting screws on the sub enclouser (hardtop only)
why do you need bass shakers with this setup? I just would rather have real bass - and it seems like your system would be producing enough of that. ?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by s2koolzaino,Oct 29 2005, 11:23 PM
why do you need bass shakers with this setup? I just would rather have real bass - and it seems like your system would be producing enough of that. ?
The bass shaker makes sure the over all system produces the lowest fundamental frequency of the bass line being played through the sub enclosure. Shakers go down to down to about 5 Hz. Most people can not here the lowest fundamental frequency of any sound since it is usually lower than 20 to 25HZ. However the brain can still interpret the frequency due to the tactical vibration of the mastoid bone.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM

"the tactical vibration of the mastoid bone"

Great phrase. I'm looking forward to a social situation where I can work it into the conversation. What a great impression I'll make (as long as no one asks me to define it!).
Old 11-04-2005, 07:06 AM

May be a little to technical for this forum.
Finishing up the Carbon fiber trip piece to day before my trip to Huntsville AL
I will be moving up there some time late this month.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some pics of my install I did last weekend.

Everything ready to go...

Car ripped apart
Name:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  53.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0467.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  49.8 KB

One of the rears installed

New tweeter installed in factory bracket
Name:  IMG_0483.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  51.5 KB

Door wiring harness all pulled out to run new wire through (getting the gromets in and out of the holes in the door and fender was the hardest part)
Name:  IMG_0485.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  53.8 KB

I had quite the mess going on...

My nest of wiring in the trunk I left the amp out right where it is for a few days for fine tuning, and now it is mounted in where the spare tire would be. Looks really clean, all you see is the basslink (no wires are visable).

Overall I am very happy with the results of this install. I am still having some issues with my sirius box that Alpine tech, sirius tech, DEI's tech, and 2 local shops can not help me with. They all basically told me to call someone else... One of the local shops even let me swap out my sirius box/ainet cable, and head unit with ones they had and I still had the same problem (Head unit functions not working, buttons dont do anything sometimes when the ainet cable is connect to the HU and sirius box, no sound sometimes (even when on cd)), but then the second I disconect the ainet cable, everything is fine.... But anyways, I thought these torn apart pics might help some people out more than my finished pics
Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM

Nice!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by spapdx,Jan 9 2006, 01:23 PM
Here are some pics of my install I did last weekend.

Everything ready to go...

Car ripped apart

One of the rears installed

New tweeter installed in factory bracket

Door wiring harness all pulled out to run new wire through (getting the gromets in and out of the holes in the door and fender was the hardest part)

I had quite the mess going on...

My nest of wiring in the trunk I left the amp out right where it is for a few days for fine tuning, and now it is mounted in where the spare tire would be. Looks really clean, all you see is the basslink (no wires are visable).

Overall I am very happy with the results of this install. I am still having some issues with my sirius box that Alpine tech, sirius tech, DEI's tech, and 2 local shops can not help me with. They all basically told me to call someone else... One of the local shops even let me swap out my sirius box/ainet cable, and head unit with ones they had and I still had the same problem (Head unit functions not working, buttons dont do anything sometimes when the ainet cable is connect to the HU and sirius box, no sound sometimes (even when on cd)), but then the second I disconect the ainet cable, everything is fine.... But anyways, I thought these torn apart pics might help some people out more than my finished pics
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase your Basslink II and for how much? Also, how do you like the performance?

Thanks, looks really nice.

Quick Reply: S2000 audio/video systems